Front Interface control module

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Oliff

Reaction score
Currently own a 2017 Raptor and have had a lot of problems... First was cam shaft sensors which has been resolved and now issues with Front Interface control module... Truck has been at dealer for last 30 days and Rep has told me that this part is back-ordered and ford does not have any idea when they will get the part.... could be months.... Anyone else had any issues like this??? I need my truck... Any opinions???

OP
OP
Bryan Oliff

Bryan Oliff

Reaction score
Really love this truck when its not in shop.... was in for 24 days with cam shaft sensors... now in for 30+ for interface module and no clue when i am gonna get back.... maybe lemon law route

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
1) I don’t even know what the FICM is.
2) lemon law should be a last resort. That said 54 days down easily qualifies by law as a lemon, even if it’s just small parts that are at fault.

LL is a path fraught with delay, frustration and more of the same. it’s 3-18 months worth of process.

You should be talking to Ford customer service, about 20 days ago.
This is probably a combination of things - the tech has probably never seen either failure before, troubleshooting the issue is probably long and frustrating as well, and to top it off you’re suffering from Ford’s “Thin ( more like virtual ) Inventory”. The parts to fix vehicles only exist in a computer a lot of times so you get the ubiquitous “this part is on national back order” warning.

That’s quaint, but not your problem during the warranty period, it’s the manufacturers problem.