Front end pulse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What speeds in 2H? Have you taken it to the dealer yet?
40+ I can notice it. 4A is instant notice. Taken to dealer multiple times for multiple issues. New 37 Ko2 warranty replacement, steering wheel **** to the right and now this. Has never been right brand new. Currently at 7800 miles. Dealer doesn’t know at this point. They’ve done damn near a dozen alignments and road force balance. They’ve bent over backwards trying to make it right too, they’re stumped.

Waiting for a ford field rep to see what’s up.

Donmatteo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
40+ I can notice it. 4A is instant notice. Taken to dealer multiple times for multiple issues. New 37 Ko2 warranty replacement, steering wheel **** to the right and now this. Has never been right brand new. Currently at 7800 miles. Dealer doesn’t know at this point. They’ve done damn near a dozen alignments and road force balance. They’ve bent over backwards trying to make it right too, they’re stumped.

So I had an Audi a few years ago that ate 2 sets of tires and had weird inside cupping. Had it for 8 months and only 8k miles. Spent a lot time in the shop. They could never figure it out. They did a buy back and sent it to some center and found out the frame was slightly canted but was still in spec and it caused everything else to be still in spec individually but out of spec when they did manual calculations.

Not saying that is your issue. Just saying it can be a number of things that look ok at face value but might be out of spec combined.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had an Audi a few years ago that ate 2 sets of tires and had weird inside cupping. Had it for 8 months and only 8k miles. Spent a lot time in the shop. They could never figure it out. They did a buy back and sent it to some center and found out the frame was slightly canted but was still in spec and it caused everything else to be still in spec individually but out of spec when they did manual calculations.

Not saying that is your issue. Just saying it can be a number of things that look ok at face value but might be out of spec combined.
Yeah. I’m going to see what’s up with a buy back.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score

You’d think after aligning the truck that many times and rebalancing tires repeatedly they’d finally understand it’s something else.

It sounds like your issue is exactly like mine. I’m 100% convinced it’s driveline related. Most likely the front diff, and if not that, the IWEs. For some reason dealers just don’t want to dig into it and figure it out. Trucks have had ifs front diffs, cv’s, and IWEs for what, 35 years now? This isn’t new tech and any competent mechanic should be able to troubleshoot and resolve.

It’s frustrating and pathetic.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine 23 R does something similar while in 4A on dry pavement. Maybe the IWE are engaged,

Last edited:
OP
OP
mzuern

mzuern

Reaction score
I commented on your Facebook post but does it change if you switch between 4a vs 2wd? If so it definitely sounds like the recent IWE issues people are seeing
today I played with the 4a and 2wd settings and when switching over to 4a at say 50mph the vibration subsides noticeably compared to the 2wd setting. It's still there a little bit but not nearly as bad.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
today I played with the 4a and 2wd settings and when switching over to 4a at say 50mph the vibration subsides noticeably compared to the 2wd setting. It's still there a little bit but not nearly as bad.
Same.