Front Camera Malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@FordTechOne Update from the dealer. Took it in to have the rain sensor checked and solve this problem. They replace the rain sensor and said that the oil was probably messing with the camera that caused the malfunction errors. I didn't make it 10 miles from the dealer before it threw the error again. Took it right back to the service department and they FINALLY looked at the codes and say there was an error in the PCM and and are ordering a new one... You said IPM-A so hopefully they aren't getting the wrong thing. It WAS working intermittently but 2 days ago (I've had to truck back for a week waiting on the dealer to get the part) it throws the error on startup EVERY SINGLE TIME. It's some how gotten worse and now I have no cruise control ever. Starting to worry that the PCM might not be the only issue.
Hopefully they are not replacing the PCM, that is very unlikely to be related to this issue. If there is no damage to the windshield the most common cause would be a bad IPM-A.

OP
OP
Woolaroc

Woolaroc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said PCM. I guess they will replace it and immediately see it didn't fix the issue since it's happening on startup immediately every time now. Sucks not having any cruise control at all.
Hopefully they are not replacing the PCM, that is very unlikely to be related to this issue. If there is no damage to the windshield the most common cause would be a bad IPM-A.