Front Camera Malfunction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hooked up my fully loaded 18ft trailer and it caused my truck to squat quite a bit. As soon as that happened, I got the alert in the picture below. My front camera works fine, but I have no cruise control (non-adaptive nor adaptive). Pretty sure the ride height change caused a sensor to go off.

14F050AE-419E-47B8-9D05-DC58303CC866.jpeg

I used Forscan to find the code. In short, I am getting two codes:

D39A0600-2D78-4263-8A23-818DE03273F8.jpeg2A8BD285-12B9-4BE6-8965-23481CF1E07D.jpeg
So I tried clearing the DTC codes. I even tried doing a module reset on the IPMA. None of those things has worked. Any suggestions? I would prefer to solve this myself, then to take my truck into Ford. @FordTechOne @zombiekiller

My truck is a 2020, both my front and rear cameras had to be replaced under warranty due to the camera recall last year. I assume the ride height is what has thrown the code and not the camera recall.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I hooked up my fully loaded 18ft trailer and it caused my truck to squat quite a bit. As soon as that happened, I got the alert in the picture below. My front camera works fine, but I have no cruise control (non-adaptive nor adaptive). Pretty sure the ride height change caused a sensor to go off.

View attachment 312337

I used Forscan to find the code. In short, I am getting two codes:

View attachment 312338View attachment 312339
So I tried clearing the DTC codes. I even tried doing a module reset on the IPMA. None of those things has worked. Any suggestions? I would prefer to solve this myself, then to take my truck into Ford. @FordTechOne @zombiekiller

My truck is a 2020, both my front and rear cameras had to be replaced under warranty due to the camera recall last year. I assume the ride height is what has thrown the code and not the camera recall.
The camera that the warning message and DTCs are referencing is unrelated to the parking aid cameras. It is called the Image Processing Module A (IPM-A) and it’s located within the plastic housing below the interior rear view mirror. It is used for lane keep assist, forward collision warning, and in conjunction with the front radar sensor for adaptive cruise. You may need to drive the truck to clear the DTCs; the module won’t know if it’s functioning properly until it can see objects while the truck is moving.