front bump stops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a kit for the Gen 3 that uses the stock lower arm and you can add bump stop. installing on my Gen 3 the end of this week and then we will release for sale. looks very much like our Gen 2 kit we just rolled out.

https://www.foutzmotorsports.com/co...kit-for-stock-lower-arm-2017-2020-f150-raptor

Let me know if you have any questions or anything.
I’ve got a question about rear bumps. Everyone seems to have kits that are for both 37 and 35. My impression was that the travel difference was from the bump stop on the 35 essentially sitting 1” further from the axle than the 37. With bump stop kits do the 35s lose wheel travel or is my assumption about layout wrong?

GregFoutz

Reaction score
I’ve got a question about rear bumps. Everyone seems to have kits that are for both 37 and 35. My impression was that the travel difference was from the bump stop on the 35 essentially sitting 1” further from the axle than the 37. With bump stop kits do the 35s lose wheel travel or is my assumption about layout wrong?
The factory setup on the trucks with 37" tires do remove about 1" of wheel travel on the up stroke. The shocks are limited to stop a little earlier to try and keep the tire out of the fender... We made the bump stop kit work based on the 35" trucks so it just doesn't use the last little bit of travel on a true 37" truck.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The factory setup on the trucks with 37" tires do remove about 1" of wheel travel on the up stroke. The shocks are limited to stop a little earlier to try and keep the tire out of the fender... We made the bump stop kit work based on the 35" trucks so it just doesn't use the last little bit of travel on a true 37" truck.
The bump stop doesn’t use the last bit of its travel?

GregFoutz

Reaction score
The bump stop doesn’t use the last bit of its travel?
the bump stop is timed to work with the 35" tire truck which has a little more up travel. if you put the same bump stop kit on a 37" tire truck and the shocks stop the up travel earlier than the 35" tire truck then the bump stop never travels 100%.

taquitos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the bump stop is timed to work with the 35" tire truck which has a little more up travel. if you put the same bump stop kit on a 37" tire truck and the shocks stop the up travel earlier than the 35" tire truck then the bump stop never travels 100%.
Seems like that’s risking it for the biscuit. Although I have no idea of the shock bodies are designed to handle bottom out or not. I have a 35 so all the better for me. Thanks for the answers.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My RPG bumps do the same, I can tell by inspecting the shaft after hard runs. Not thrilled but it is what it is. For me at least it’s a temporary solution lol.

GregFoutz

Reaction score
My RPG bumps do the same, I can tell by inspecting the shaft after hard runs. Not thrilled but it is what it is. For me at least it’s a temporary solution lol.
its really a pretty easy fix if you are super concerned about it. add some material to the axle bump pad to raise the height there and you can get it to match perfect if needed. Just add to the top of the existing plate. Could cut a piece of aluminum the correct height to compensate and bolt it to the pad pretty easy.