From Gen1 to Gen3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frogger22

“Not all who wander are lost” Tolkien
Reaction score
The R is just outright overpriced for me so the only new Raptors I was really interested in were 37 Azure Gray Gen3’s. Well I was casually looking around online and found one for a good deal. So I jump in the Gen1 and thought I’ll just go drive over and “check it out” what’s the harm in looking. Yeah, famous last words…a few hours later I was driving a new Gen3 off the lot. I would certainly prefer a V8, but the girlfriend loves this truck a lot more and I will say the engine is more than I’ll ever need or use. And the extra fuel economy is super awesome and a nice bonus for sure. Compared to my Gen1 I feel like I’m never at a gas station. As long as all the Tech / Engine / transmission can last a long time I’ll be very happy with the purchase. But Azure is the best color I have maybe ever seen Ford have and I love the Gen3 interior a lot and finally the Shocks are silky smooth! My only concern is the longevity of the Tech in these but man if it can go the distance it’s a good damn time!

B0F254CF-4001-41FC-AE55-EBB64592504C.jpeg
B203BBE8-E589-4A6E-962B-4BC79E96592B.jpegE4973ED5-A610-48BA-BDDD-D0F7D2B88C68.jpeg
800B3678-FB9F-47DA-B37D-652CBD7B5341.jpeg

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The R is just outright overpriced for me so the only new Raptors I was really interested in were 37 Azure Gray Gen3’s. Well I was casually looking around online and found one for a good deal. So I jump in the Gen1 and thought I’ll just go drive over and “check it out” what’s the harm in looking. Yeah, famous last words…a few hours later I was driving a new Gen3 off the lot. I would certainly prefer a V8, but the girlfriend loves this truck a lot more and I will say the engine is more than I’ll ever need or use. And the extra fuel economy is super awesome and a nice bonus for sure. Compared to my Gen1 I feel like I’m never at a gas station. As long as all the Tech / Engine / transmission can last a long time I’ll be very happy with the purchase. But Azure is the best color I have maybe ever seen Ford have and I love the Gen3 interior a lot and finally the Shocks are silky smooth! My only concern is the longevity of the Tech in these but man if it can go the distance it’s a good damn time!

View attachment 414830
View attachment 414831View attachment 414832
View attachment 414845
The color I wish I got. Badass man!

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful truck! I'd for sure upgrade to a Gen 3 if I could afford it. I'm sure you'll continue to be happy with your decision for a good long time.