Freak Accident or Weakness Found? Wheel Speed Sensor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I busted mine last night. Got the Hill decent fault with the ABS light on. Wasn't even driving too hard on it.

OP
OP
BigJ

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Because its clearly from impact damage, not from a defect in workmanship or materials.

Poor design? Yes. Warranty-able? Nah.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I busted mine last night. Got the Hill decent fault with the ABS light on. Wasn't even driving too hard on it.

I seriously doubt you did... what happened to J was something of a "freak accident" IMHO... I've driven many, many miles on similar and worse trails without breaking a sensor as I'm sure many others have. Plus, if you break a sensor, you go into "full limp" mode and you'd know it.

I'd check your third brake light (above the rear window on the back of the cab) for signs that water got inside... and/or check your brake lights in general. My theory about the "hill descent fault" error is that it's often caused by a problem in the brake lamp circuit.

quicksinner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seriously doubt you did... what happened to J was something of a "freak accident" IMHO... I've driven many, many miles on similar and worse trails without breaking a sensor as I'm sure many others have. Plus, if you break a sensor, you go into "full limp" mode and you'd know it.

I'd check your third brake light (above the rear window on the back of the cab) for signs that water got inside... and/or check your brake lights in general. My theory about the "hill descent fault" error is that it's often caused by a problem in the brake lamp circuit.

Took it to the dealer and they said it was not broken. They said there was a soft code stored in the computer, but nothing broken. It probably was in the third brake light. I haven't checked yet but from the sounds of things the whole brake light issue is common deniminator.

tjj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice thread. I'm now wanting to know the story with the cop, that link didn't work. What did you do J :secret:

All The Way

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The ADD guard wouldn't have helped me if I had them on. My right rear wire got cut during the first round of the last race this year. I didn't encounter any of the limp home mode problems like you had BigJ, other then the dash light up like a Christmas tree and couldn't tell if I was in offroad mode. I just resoldered and shrink wrapped everything. I'm gonna work on making a longer and wider guard that will bolt on similar to the ADD one. I run a CNC laser but I never have time to make anything for my self :angry94:

IMAG0096_.jpg