Frame Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After all said and done, The frame is getting swapped. Has anyone on here had their frame swapped and kept the truck? if so, how has the truck performed? Still happy with the truck? I am very nervous that its gonna come back and im gonna be dealing with buckets of problems down the road (literally).

Thanks for any input

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

eda3u8um.jpg

New frame is already on, picking up on Monday.

Orange raptor next to mine I believe was hit while parked in his driveway....bad month for raptors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

2e2u7yba.jpg

Cab up in air. Zero body damage, when I broke the lower control arm it pulled the corner leaf of the frame a bit. Insurance thought replacing the frame was better because of the high cost of the truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If done right and done slow then you shouldn't have any issues... its like its coming from the factory again lol

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive never had mine swapped but, I have swapped hundreds of frames with zero problems afterwords from small truck to CL 9000's

OP
OP
abrown

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been anxious to get my truck back, but appreciate they are taking their time with the work. Everytime i stop by the shop to check on it they bring me back to the truck without asking to show me progress and reassure me it will be good as new (even though its not old, only 400 miles on it)

pat'sRAPTOR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well then it sounds like you're in good hands! I wish all the body shops were like that in their attention to detail!

OP
OP
abrown

abrown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then it sounds like you're in good hands! I wish all the body shops were like that in their attention to detail!

Agreed, good guys. And it helps that USAA is very easy to work with and havent tried to screw me. My rates arent even going up

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
some advice.....

Attachments

• keep-calm-and-raptor-on-25.jpg
    keep-calm-and-raptor-on-25.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

knine

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Here, you have a silver....

Attachments

• keep-calm-and-raptor-on-26.jpg
    keep-calm-and-raptor-on-26.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 70

Flaltlander1414

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got mine back after the frame swap 3 weeks ago. Everything is all good. Very happy with the outcome. The insurance company should leave a lifetime open ticket for any future problems. Best of luck with everything