Frame chop front recovery points

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Going frame chop SVC soon, looking for front recovery options since I'll be losing my tow hooks. I've seen people use have welded tow hooks to the frame in the past but can't find any examples now. I know soft shackles around the frame is popular. Curious what people are using or have done for recovery points

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I drilled a couple holes to install the stock loops on my gen 1. I think I had to drill one on the driver side and both on the passengers.

OP
OP
eco_beast_raptor
Reaction score
I drilled a couple holes to install the stock loops on my gen 1. I think I had to drill one on the driver side and both on the passengers.
And you just bolted them to the side of the frame? I'm sure I'll figure something out when I actually get the bumper and pull the other one off.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just have svc weld on hooks. Might take a bit longer but you'll get what you're looking for, a buddy of mine just ordered his that way. I think he said it was 6-8 weeks to get it!

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
or just dont get stuck.

axle strap around the ucas works just fine if you dont want to strap to an svc baja bumper either.