GEN 1 Recovery Points with Frame Cut Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone add custom recovery points after doing a frame cut bumper? I was thinking about welding some 3/4 thick lugs to the bottom of the frame with a hole for a steel shackle. Then i can attach my soft shackle to that. Only thing i'm concerned with are the welds to the frame. The lug should be plenty strong or at least as strong as the shackle so i think the weak point would be the weld. What do you guys think? The "keep it dirty" guy did something similar to his truck but his lug looked like it hung down a lot more than it needed to. Any one have any welded recovery points and have actually used them?

BlueOvalF22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

but the weld through is stronger.

You'd cut a rectangular hole in the frame that the tab just barely fits in. Clevis pointing down and the tab sitting tight on with the vertical portion of the C frame rail. Basically undersize the hole then had file it so the clevis barely fits through the frame really tight before welding.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If he can't weld both the front and backside of the mount, the double shear isn't really double shear. The top option (also weld on) is a perfectly adequite option since its ready to go and the chamfer allows a good weld with a ton of surface area. No need to cut a hole in the frame.

Center them under the framerail since that is where the frame is doubled up and the thickest.