Fox Live Shocks M.I.A. at Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clinsta

Reaction score
A couple of months ago I took my truck in because I was getting the Drive Control Malfunction error every time I started my truck, and then after clearing, every time I left from a stopped position. The service tech diagnosed it as a bad live valve sensor/solenoid on the shock itself. The replacement part finally came in and while trying to install it, it was determined that portion of the shock where the replacement part was to be mounted was also broken. So a whole new shock will be needed now. And of course, as with everything these days, the factory replacement shock was on back order. I called yesterday to check the status of the back order and I was told that Ford has made part # LL3Z18124F unavailable due to an engineering change. They hope to have an idea on future availability around 4/8. I called around to a handful of other dealerships hoping there might be a front right shock for a 2020 laying around in a parts warehouse and got the same story from everyone.
I was curious if anyone else was dealing with this and if they have had any luck going down a different path than I have. I have signed up for Raptor Assault in early June and was looking forward to being able to drive out to UT in my Raptor. If I don't have a new shock by then, it's going to be a long drive with the way it's riding right now, feels like I'm riding around in my old '99 F250.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to do what Swaddict recommended when my front driveshaft failed. I got tired of waiting and being told it would be there next month. After 2 months of waiting I just bought a used one from LKQ. The warrantee part finally came in here recently, it ended up being backordered for close to 6 months. You might also try Tribe16 in Fort Worth, TX. (817) 945-2284 They were rebuilding a lot of shocks for these trucks. They might be able to fix your shock and/or have the parts you need.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Clinsta

Clinsta

Reaction score
I had to do what Swaddict recommended when my front driveshaft failed. I got tired of waiting and being told it would be there next month. After 2 months of waiting I just bought a used one from LKQ. The warrantee part finally came in here recently, it ended up being backordered for close to 6 months. You might also try Tribe16 in Fort Worth, TX. (817) 945-2284 They were rebuilding a lot of shocks for these trucks. They might be able to fix your shock and/or have the parts you need.
I'm reaching out now to see if anyone has 19-20 shocks that they pulled from their trucks. I'll do the swap myself and wait for Ford to get my replacement to my dealership.