GEN 2 Fox 3.0 Factory out of the box front ride height?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In one of the 3.0 threads I read it’s a 1 to 4 ratio. 1/8” of thread will get you a 1/2” raise or lower. I tried it and it worked.
Interesting, as fox told me it was a 1 to 2 ratio for the 3.0 Factory live valves

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting, as fox told me it was a 1 to 2 ratio for the 3.0 Factory live valves
If fox gave you that information I’d definitely go with that over myself trying to remember what I read awhile ago. I did drop mine down a half inch but don’t remember going 1/4” of thread. I have a 2018

ddubdb3

Reaction score
Just got a set of 3.0s.. What fox part number spanner wrench are you guys using to adjust ride height? Are both needed? Has anyone found a “work around” tool that will work to adjust the collars without completely mangling them?

Last edited:

Ryan C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2019 with fox 3.0 live valves. From Fox, there were no turns on the preload and that is stock height. They are adjustable 0-2" from stock. I set mine at 1.5" above stock initially (0.75" on the preload adjusters). I reduced that to .75" above stock (3/8" on preload) after realizing that too much preload puts the shocks at too much compression travel and not enough droop travel. Plus after calling fox, they said the internal bypass settings work best at no more than 1" of added height. I found the truck pretty harsh on top out given there was not enough droop travel (truck could really feel the shocks quickly top out whenever dropping off of something). This is why I lowered the ride height to 3/4" above stock. Your experience may vary, but heads up - this is not an easy adjustment as the shocks have to be removed from the truck to do the adjustment given the lack of space in the coil buckets given where the hoses to the reservoir sit.

D

Deleted member 12951

but heads up - this is not an easy adjustment as the shocks have to be removed from the truck to do the adjustment given the lack of space in the coil buckets given where the hoses to the reservoir sit.

I had no issues with doing this with two spring compressors while on the truck. First one with the suspension fully drooped right in front and the other one back as far as possible to get them in-place. Then used a jack on the LCA to raise it thus compressing the spring. Tighten the spring compressor tool to hold the spring where it was and a little more. Lowered the jack to fully extend the shock. Adjusted preload was easy now. Then once done compress again, loosen tool fully and let it droop again and remove compressor tool. Tidbit, I did not use power tools, not enough room so I was using an open end wrench. I removed the nuts on top of the swaybar to get it out of the way so my wrench on the back side had clearance to allow me to turn the rod a lot easier instead of fighting the small adjustment gap.