Forward Collision Warning fault?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
smurfslayer said:
To me, this sounds like begging for a collision or wipeout.

Just because snow is falling doesn't necessarily mean the roads have reduced traction. There are plenty of times snow squalls come though with a huge amount of snow flakes in the air, but nothing sticks to or melts on the roads. It just blows away into the grass. Given he lives in Wyoming, I'm guessing he's knows not to use cruise control when it's not reasonable to do so- I really doubt he's "begging" for a collision or "wipeout".

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
but it was allegedly accumulating enough to interfere with the ACC.

perhaps we’ll get more info.

breal

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but it was allegedly accumulating enough to interfere with the ACC.

perhaps we’ll get more info.

Yeah, no worries. It was one of those just at the right temperature conditions where snow would stick to lower heat conducting materials like plastic but on the road it was no different than driving in the rain as it instantly melted hitting the warmer surface temps. When I got out to clear the accumulation off of the ACC unit it was a super thin layer of slush. The slush really formed because of the fine spray coming up from the vehicles driving on the wet roads in front of me and then combining that with the 32 degree air temperature gave it just enough to create a thin coat on the front non metallic materials. The driving conditions were fine. The main point of my post was that I never received a warning on my dash cluster for the adaptive cruise control being disabled like I did for the collision avoidance. So in short just a PSA that you may not get a warning and to use caution when in colder inclement weather. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieseldude

Reaction score
I get the same warning on my '18 Raptor, but only in a certain place...
Interstate 5 between Lathrop and the north end of Stockton CA, It does not matter if I'm heading north or south. I call it the DEAD ZONE. It just does not matter, my cruise control does not work there.
I've taken it to my local dealer and they just scratch their heads...
I'm wondering if there is some radio frequency or other interference there.
My problem is still there, and I have not figured it out.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Where’s the sensor?

Behind the plastic part of the front bumper on the driver's side.

---------- Post added at 08:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 AM ----------

I get the same warning on my '18 Raptor, but only in a certain place...
Interstate 5 between Lathrop and the north end of Stockton CA, It does not matter if I'm heading north or south. I call it the DEAD ZONE. It just does not matter, my cruise control does not work there.
I've taken it to my local dealer and they just scratch their heads...
I'm wondering if there is some radio frequency or other interference there.
My problem is still there, and I have not figured it out.

It is based on radar and there must be some kind of interference signal coming from a building or road sign or something. Reminds me of building alarm systems that would set off older radar detectors.

Traveller66

Reaction score
I had it twice. Once on a 6 hour drive while constantly raining and once while driving through an area where lots of insects got hit against the sensor.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does AAC work in "weather mode"? It would seem to be a foolish thing to use in adverse conditions even if Ford doesn't lock it out.

Yes it continues to work fine. I drive in weather mode most of the winter. Only twice in the last 2 years have I had it not work/issue a warning: once with heavy heavy rain, once with heavy freezing slushy snow.

It is always best to drive your truck as opposed to letting the truck drive you...but I thought that was obvious.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I got this on my 2017 raptor today

Clear skies

Now cruise control isn't working either

Mine does the same thing after driving for more than 2 hrs. We are realigning the sensors now in hopes that clears the issue. I am also refalshing my computer today as well for another issue. Hopefully between both this clears up the fault.