Forskin Question About Deleting Startup chimes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmyjamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thread...I want to start messing with mine, but I a bit bewildered by all of the cables avaialbe to plug into truck, what is one you use so I know it will work properly?

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's the one I purchased too. Zero problems.

Stay away from bluetooth cables. Stay away from cables that require you to use a manual switch. The above cable is about $20 more than the most basic cable that will work. I assure you, it is $20 well spent.

That's what I found also when I really looked into the information on the cables. Spend a few more dollars for one that's simple, and reliable. I like simple!

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thread...I want to start messing with mine, but I a bit bewildered by all of the cables avaialbe to plug into truck, what is one you use so I know it will work properly?

It's a bit intimidating at first. But here's the basic steps:
1. Buy a cable
2. Buy a Forscan license (you can do the free registration thing, but this is so cheap, I just bought a short license)
3. Read this tutorial ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-8dKaS_Spu4Zw4hV_CrKC4tLoP9G8yejqegF1wxIqxY/edit ) and follow it to the letter. After backing up all your stock modules, I recommend doing the double horn honk disable first. There is a paragraph on how to do it in the tutorial, and then a linked video that shows exactly what you will see when you do it. Follow along with the video as you do it to your truck. Take it slow. It's OK if it takes you 30 minutes. Go slow and ensure you are doing it right.
4. After following the videos for about 2-3 mods, you will be very comfortable and can use Forscan without assistance. You will later be able to do a mod very quickly, such that getting out your laptop, looking up the mod values in the spreadsheet, and plugging it into the truck take way more time than making the mod itself.

P.S. I make one mod at a time, disconnect the PC, cycle the ignition, and then check for success. That way if anything ever goes wrong, I know exactly what I did that caused it. If you decide to make 5 mods at once and one of them gave unexpected behavior, you've got a much more complex troubleshooting process ahead of you. Although to be fair, I've never "broken" anything yet, and I've done a lot of Forscan changes.