Forskin Question About Deleting Startup chimes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Serious question for once! I've done several Forskin mods successfully. In trying to get rid of the startup chimes, I'm stuck. I'm assuming what's called the "Disables three "doo-doo-doo" start-up chimes from cluster" is referring to the chimes that go off when you get in the truck. The sheet calls for IPC 720-01-02 xxxx x2xx

When I reset what starts as 221F 80EB to 221F 82EB and then when I tell it to write and finish, somehow it changes to 221F 82ED. I tried it several different times and the B changes to a D on it's own, and the chimes still go off. When you get done programing it asks you to turn off and turn back on, after I do that it reads a D.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’ve successfully suppressed the ignition on “doo doo doo”. I’d be fine with doo *** doo *** but it’s too many doo’s. Honestly, I’ve never seen FORSCAN behave in this manner. How many **** sites have you visited on this device anyway?

on 2nd thought, don’t answer that.

Can you try on a different device?
Are you sure you’re seeing the correct “from” value ?
It’s not already modified?

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve successfully suppressed the ignition on “doo doo doo”. I’d be fine with doo *** doo *** but it’s too many doo’s. Honestly, I’ve never seen FORSCAN behave in this manner. How many **** sites have you visited on this device anyway?

on 2nd thought, don’t answer that.

Can you try on a different device?
Are you sure you’re seeing the correct “from” value ?
It’s not already modified?

No, that's why I had posted my other thread about reading the original values. I even tried twice to go back to the original value and start over. I got the same result. I did the horn, mirror, and tailgate delete mods with no issue with my current setup. It's an older Dell I got just to do the forscan with. When I do the write, get the message to turn ignition off and on, chimes still go off. When I go back and check values, the B is now a D. Really weird.

DINOZR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The last character is supposed to be a "checksum value." It's my understanding that multiple values can be valid in the last character and still work.

You are editing the correct location to disable the chimes. I don't know that this would be your problem, but there's so damn many chimes that it was tough for me to tell which was which. The startup process wasn't completely chime free until I also disabled the driver and passenger seatbelt minders and door ajar warning chime. They are on the spreadsheet at IPC 720-01-01 and 720-01-02.

Maybe try disabling those and see if the chimes go away??? I get it. You know what the 3 do-do-dos sound like and you're probably not mistaking them. I'm just grasping at straws, because you seem to have done it correctly.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The last character is supposed to be a "checksum value." It's my understanding that multiple values can be valid in the last character and still work.

You are editing the correct location to disable the chimes. I don't know that this would be your problem, but there's so damn many chimes that it was tough for me to tell which was which. The startup process wasn't completely chime free until I also disabled the driver and passenger seatbelt minders and door ajar warning chime. They are on the spreadsheet at IPC 720-01-01 and 720-01-02.

Maybe try disabling those and see if the chimes go away??? I get it. You know what the 3 do-do-dos sound like and you're probably not mistaking them. I'm just grasping at straws, because you seem to have done it correctly.

The seat belts I had just done 2 days ago. I haven't driven the truck yet because I was replacing the Skar sub amp that started on fire. I'll try the door ajar change this weekend. Thanks.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score

you might be into something. I had no problem disabling it but as you did, I disabled all chimes belt/seat/start up. I dont need a nanny car, my wife is the only one that tells me what to do.

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score

you might be into something. I had no problem disabling it but as you did, I disabled all chimes belt/seat/start up. I dont need a nanny car, my wife is the only one that tells me what to do.

THANK YOU!! I went back in and re-did the start up chime delete AND also did the door ajar chime delete, I had already done the seat belts, and all is quiet now. Funny thing is that if it wasn't for you dirty bastards I wouldn't have given 2 ***** about the chimes to begin with! But, NOOOO, you guys have to put shit in my head and then I got all frustrated when it wouldn't work!

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Funny thing is that if it wasn't for you dirty bastards I wouldn't have given 2 ***** about the chimes to begin with

Hey, whatever you need to tell yourself ;-)

But, NOOOO, you guys have to put shit in my head and then I got all frustrated when it wouldn't work!

We’re here for exactly this reason. You know what else we’re good at? Getting you to spend your money on stuff you don’t -really- need, but you know that you want, once we tell you that you want it.

You know what you really need? MORE forward facing lighting. Have you seen *just* how far the XL80 spots throw light from the A-pillars? Do you enjoy watching the tiny insects in the XL80 beam get disintegrated before impacting them?

What’s that? You’ve never seen that? You’re not living! It’s like having a pair of truck mounted bug zappers.

I’m pretty sure they also cause elevated temperatures and physical discomfort to small mammals within 200 yards.

Not only do you want these, you need them.

See what I did there?
:)

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, whatever you need to tell yourself ;-)

We’re here for exactly this reason. You know what else we’re good at? Getting you to spend your money on stuff you don’t -really- need, but you know that you want, once we tell you that you want it.

You know what you really need? MORE forward facing lighting. Have you seen *just* how far the XL80 spots throw light from the A-pillars? Do you enjoy watching the tiny insects in the XL80 beam get disintegrated before impacting them?

What’s that? You’ve never seen that? You’re not living! It’s like having a pair of truck mounted bug zappers.

I’m pretty sure they also cause elevated temperatures and physical discomfort to small mammals within 200 yards.

Not only do you want these, you need them.

See what I did there?
:)

Unfortunately there is way too much truth to your post! :confused: