Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Morn

Reaction score
Hey Livinitup,

Over on this thread, we're seeing a difference between '17 and '18 models about auto climate control on remote start:
I have an '18 and my seats, steering wheel, and mirrors/rear defroster also heat up when remote started and stay on after I get in and push start.
On '17s they don't stay on.

Might this be something that's forscannable to enable/disable?

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Livinitup,

Over on this thread, we're seeing a difference between '17 and '18 models about auto climate control on remote start:

This would be cool! Kinda stinks they don't stay on.

Kbobk

Reaction score
Auto Relock & DRL

Truck is a 2018

I am not sure on the Forscan lines to have the DRL's just be the running lights and halo. Can anyone please confirm? Also, is the Auto relock workring on our trucks?

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Livinitup,

It's something I've been looking into this past week and it would most likely require firmware change to FCIM and/or SCME module if possible; not just a simple FORScan value change. I'll be experimenting more with this in the coming week.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newb here and sorry if this has been discussed. I'm about to take the plunge in setting up the OBDLink and FORScan software. Any tips on how to pop the cover off from under the steering wheel to access the diagnostic connector for the OBDLink MX? Thanks in advance!

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
Newb here and sorry if this has been discussed. I'm about to take the plunge in setting up the OBDLink and FORScan software. Any tips on how to pop the cover off from under the steering wheel to access the diagnostic connector for the OBDLink MX? Thanks in advance!

No need to pop a cover off. You can get to the connector under the dash.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is a 2018

I am not sure on the Forscan lines to have the DRL's just be the running lights and halo. Can anyone please confirm? Also, is the Auto relock workring on our trucks?

Many thanks in advance.

That's called Parking Lights Only I believe.

Parking Lights only (stock LEDs only)
BCM
726-26-02 x1xx xxxx xxxx
726-50-01 01xx

and I believe to get the change on line 50 you have to do this on 45 prior:

726-45-01 xxxx 7Fxx xxxx

As noted earlier in this thread, I had issues getting some of the DRL settings to work on my 2018...and concluded that what I wanted (Parking Lights (stock led position lights, grille and bars) and low beams) was actually the default configuration on my 2018. I never bothered going back to As Built to test, but no one ever confirmed or refuted it either. Perhaps you could confirm that for me since you have a 2018. What is your default DRL value (assuming you've turned it on in the Instrument Control Panel)??

I'm not sure how many 2018 owners have dug into FORScan settings to either confirm that the DRL settings work as the spreadsheet says or not...especially for the first 2 settings listed (stock LEDs only and stock LEDs plus Low beams).

RE: Auto Relock...you're talking about the case where you unlock the truck using the key fob but then you never open the door...so after 45 seconds it relocks the truck? I can confirm that the FORScan changes that are noted in the spreadsheet to NOT work on 2017s...also DO NOT work on my 2018. [the changes at 726-15-02] I don't know if anyone has found another way on 2017s and 2018s...but that change did nothing noticeable for me and certainly did not enable Auto Relock. So I returned the value to As Built.

Was just reading some of the other tabs in the spreadsheet. On IPC-new there are settings at 720-01-01 that are required for Auto Relock. Namely xxxx **** xxxx where * has to be a 4-7 or a C-F. I did not test if that made a difference (or if my As Built already had one of those values) when the changes at 726-15-02 were also implemented.

Last edited: