Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me but I haven't used forscan yet since I'm still waiting for my truck to be delivered.

You did select "Write all" then say yes to the warning correct?

Clicking the B-ManFX4's mod (for tow mirrors) I noticed a different value. He included a "C" in 740-12-01 and 741-12-01. I'm assuming that is only if you have Tow Mirrors??

"From B-MANFX4's Tow Mirror mod thread"
DDM / PDM Modules:

740-03-01 x8xx xx
740-12-01 FCxx

741-03-01 x8xx xx
741-12-01 FCxx

Let us know if you get this working. This is the first thing I plan to do when I get home from the dealership.

The C at 740/41-12-01 xCxx isn't needed unless you have more than 2 fobs programmed to the truck and you're using #3 or #4. It won't hurt to have it there though even if you only have 2 fobs programmed.

Schmagagled

Reaction score
Livin;

Was responding to another thread on the gear shift indicator and wanted to ask you if you have seen in IDS the option for locking the gear shift indicator display to "on" all the time.

If so, I wanted to do this with FORSCAN since it's annoying to look down and see an all blank display section on the right side of the tach and realize that once again you've accidentally hit the +/- buttons on the gear shift lever.

As I mentioned in the other thread on that topic my 2011 XLT had to go in to the dealer for some sort of programming and when it came back the gear display was permanently on and hitting +/- had no effect on making it go away. This is my desired end state goal.

So if you know how the dealer would have done that with IDS please let me know.

Thanks,

S.

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

I tried a few more changes from the database and forum info. Ive been able to get several features to work such as DRL to cluster control, double honk disable, autofold mirros lincoln style, HSW and heated/cooling seat icons in climate menu, engine and transmission temps above cluster and TPMS specified value displayed. My vehicle is a 2018 Raptor and it has Sync3 V2.3. Here some questions additional questions i have. Thanks everyone for all the help and excellent information here.

2. Reverse tilt mirrors doesnt seem to work. Ill have to double check if my mirrors have memory, but my seats do, so i figure the mirror memory should be tied into that as well.

3. Can someone explain to me what the battery monitoring system is? When i have it set to enabled, it seems to prevent auto start/stop from working. Im getting a message in the menus saying that the battery is recharging or something along those lines. Perhaps it could be another way to disable auto start/stop.

4. I guess bambi mode is not necessary for raptors since we dont seem to have foglights?

Re; 2. After setting the values for tilt mirrors there is a procedure to be followed for each mirror, involving putting the gear selector in reverse, pressing the left or right mirror selector button and then adjusting it to what you expect to see (tilt down a bit) and then pressing the memory 1 (or 2) for 5 secs, and then doing the other mirror the same way. NOTE that even having done this the mirrors will only tilt down when you are in reverse and *select that mirror* button (you can't select both at the same time as you know).

Re: 3. Battery monitoring system ensures that essentially you don't run down the battery and that it is charged properly. Having said that if you want to disable stop/start there are very specific settings in the spreadsheet that also will remove any other indications/warnings you would get by doing that. Like the battery monitoring system one you refer to here.

Re; 4. Correct. And since we don't even have the headlight switch that has the fog light button it's just easier to add lights and use the upfitter switches instead. Unless of course you wanted to get a switch and harnesses and configure it all to work like a regular 502A (or higher) trim level F-150. I guess that's possible with FORSCAN and the correct harnesses and some lights of your choosing.

S.

jikjak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the info. I will try doing those adjustments today. I did see that but i thought that it was to fine tune the adjustments once the mirrors tilt. I didnt realize that i had to set it before it started working. My previous vehicles would just initiate the tilt automatically if i have that feature activated.

i saw the other auto start/stop adjustments as well but have not tried it. i dont mind the feature, but i will try them out for some friends of mine that want to get rid of it. i wonder if auto start/stop ever work if the battery monitoring system is on, perhaps after it feels the battery is charged enough.

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good to me but I haven't used forscan yet since I'm still waiting for my truck to be delivered.

You did select "Write all" then say yes to the warning correct?

Clicking the B-ManFX4's mod (for tow mirrors) I noticed a different value. He included a "C" in 740-12-01 and 741-12-01. I'm assuming that is only if you have Tow Mirrors??

"From B-MANFX4's Tow Mirror mod thread"
DDM / PDM Modules:

740-03-01 x8xx xx
740-12-01 FCxx

741-03-01 x8xx xx
741-12-01 FCxx

Let us know if you get this working. This is the first thing I plan to do when I get home from the dealership.

Ok. I must not have been paying attention because it's working. Think i was too busying getting my laptop, camera, tablet, phone and me out of the truck last night to realize it worked.

HOORAY

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Livin;

Was responding to another thread on the gear shift indicator and wanted to ask you if you have seen in IDS the option for locking the gear shift indicator display to "on" all the time.

If so, I wanted to do this with FORSCAN since it's annoying to look down and see an all blank display section on the right side of the tach and realize that once again you've accidentally hit the +/- buttons on the gear shift lever.

As I mentioned in the other thread on that topic my 2011 XLT had to go in to the dealer for some sort of programming and when it came back the gear display was permanently on and hitting +/- had no effect on making it go away. This is my desired end state goal.

So if you know how the dealer would have done that with IDS please let me know.

I've never seen that in IDS and I don't see it on any '15-'18 list of Programmable Parameters as something that could be done with IDS.

Lasercat

Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the 68 pages of this thread, but I've successfully removed SiriusXM from my stereo source lists using the instructions here: Remove Sirius from MFT Menu ! - 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 Ford Escape Forum

Change that worked for my 2017 with the Sony stereo was:

Connect and read all modules using FORScan (this isn't a FORScan tutorial - get familiar with it elsewhere)
In "Configuration and Programming" choose APIM
Save your existing configuration to a file (always)
At 7D0-01-01 you should see A###-####-#### (where # is a hexadecimal value)
Change A to 8
Write the new entry to your APIM; follow the onscreen instructions to cycle the key off-then-on; let SYNC run through it's self-initiated maintenance screen.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it's been mentioned in the 68 pages of this thread, but I've successfully removed SiriusXM from my stereo source lists using the instructions here: Remove Sirius from MFT Menu ! - 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 Ford Escape Forum

Change that worked for my 2017 with the Sony stereo was:

Be careful using values for a different model Ford since there are some values that are model specific. I have this same change on my spreadsheets for the F150.
7D0-01-01 **** xxxx xxxx Removes Sirius from audio sources (decrement your value where the asterisk is by 2; if you have an "A" make it "8", if you have "2" make it "0")

All my spreadsheets for the F150 can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...VSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=1479139836

Last edited:

radio_man

Reaction score
Actually most people making changes buy the wired version. Relying on a wireless connection while programming the vehicle is not a good idea.

This is the one I use. $30. Works fine. Has the switch for HS and MS CAN bus data.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

So I bought this adapter and it works great! I changed to the Lincoln autofold mirrors and disabled the fake engine noise. Both worked, but when I disabled the fake engine noise there was a loud pop from the speakers. Is that normal for this mod? My speakers don't seemed to be affected.

Also, a big thanks to everyone who spent time figuring out how this stuff worked AND taking the time to write it up and answer questions on the forums.

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I bought this adapter and it works great! I changed to the Lincoln autofold mirrors and disabled the fake engine noise. Both worked, but when I disabled the fake engine noise there was a loud pop from the speakers. Is that normal for this mod? My speakers don't seemed to be affected.

Also, a big thanks to everyone who spent time figuring out how this stuff worked AND taking the time to write it up and answer questions on the forums.

Happened to me and a few others as well that I did, so I feel safe assuming it is normal. No speaker issues on my end either.