Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes i have i backed up everything. i click restore all and it does nothing. changes are still there. is that the correct button?

Go into the programming screen for the module you want to restore. Click "load all" at the bottom and bring up your saved backup file and then click "write all" at the bottom. The "restore all" button is used in a completely different scenario than restoring a module.

Last edited:

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
Question for Livnitup, I've made changes on 3 trucks now. My 17 Raptor, a 16 Platinum and a 15 Lariat all with the same adaptor (MX) and computer. The 15 was a complete PITA. It kept disconnecting and say ELM not found. I would power cycle and it would connect again, until the next write and then it would say ELM not found after the write. Any ideas and have you seen this before? Firmware on the bluetooth MX is up to date.
Thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

Johanthan

Reaction score
Go into the programming screen for the module you want to restore. Click "load all" at the bottom and bring up your saved backup file and then click "write all" at the bottom. The "restore all" button is used in a completely different scenario than restoring a module.

ok thanks! can i use the lincoln autofold with reverse tilt?
also what is the difference between autofold and autofold lincoln style exactly?

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question for Livnitup, I've made changes on 3 trucks now. My 17 Raptor, a 16 Platinum and a 15 Lariat all with the same adaptor (MX) and computer. The 15 was a complete PITA. It kept disconnecting and say ELM not found. I would power cycle and it would connect again, until the next write and then it would say ELM not found after the write. Any ideas and have you seen this before? Firmware on the bluetooth MX is up to date.
Thanks for any help, it is appreciated.

I've read of people having issues after updating the firmware of the MX but I can't remember what year truck they were programming but they took it back to a previous firmware version and said it then worked fine. I've never updated the firmware on mine from what it came with when I bought it a year ago. I've programmed 2015-2017s with mine and never had any issues during or after writing. I've got the no ELM found message trying to connect a few times but turning off truck, re-inserting the MX and connecting in FORScan solved it quickly.

Did the 15 have a low battery charge or excessive current draw from fan/stereo/aftermarket accessories when you were writing to it?

---------- Post added at 06:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

ok thanks! can i use the lincoln autofold with reverse tilt?
also what is the difference between autofold and autofold lincoln style exactly?

Regular autofold will unfold the mirrors when truck is unlocked via fob/keypad. Lincoln style autofold won't unfold the mirrors until the driver's door is opened & closed. I prefer the Lincoln style because there's lots of times when I just want to open the passenger door and grab something without the mirrors unfolding.

Yes, you can do Lincoln style autofold & reverse tilt.

AvoidTheBoyd

Reaction score
Did the 15 have a low battery charge or excessive current draw from fan/stereo/aftermarket accessories when you were writing to it?

No, it was a fairly stock truck and everything except the stock radio was turned off. The first time I couldn't connect until I completely power cycled the truck, rebooted the computer and the adapter. The times after that I was able to just reconnect in Forscan. All the trucks were done with the same firmware in the adapter. It all worked in the end, but I thought if I have to do the 15 again in the future maybe I could do something different. The 15 was today, the 16 was just last night. Weird, but you are probably correct associating it with some sort of current draw.

Lightman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am so grateful to whoever works on/discovers these codes, and presented this easy to use system. The auto stop/start disable is so nice to finally have! No more pressing the button.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Liv,

I have this weird "battery voltage too low. expected: 11.6 actual: 11.5" problem. I am trying to overwrite the HSWM to turn up the heat, forscan connects and reads everything just fine, but stubbornly refuses to let me enter into read/write mode and throws the voltage error.

I had this problem earlier too when I was making other changes (lincoln mirrors, powerpoint timeout, seatbelt chime disable etc.) but I just waited till after driving the car to try again and it always worked.

Now, it throws the voltage error every time I try. When I am trying to make these changes, I have lights off and AC off as well, so not sure what could be drawing power. Truck has always started fine, auto start/stop always works so I don't think there is actually a low battery situation. I wonder if forscan or adapter is just reading voltage incorrectly.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Hey Liv,

I have this weird "battery voltage too low. expected: 11.6 actual: 11.5" problem. I am trying to overwrite the HSWM to turn up the heat, forscan connects and reads everything just fine, but stubbornly refuses to let me enter into read/write mode and throws the voltage error.

I had this problem earlier too when I was making other changes (lincoln mirrors, powerpoint timeout, seatbelt chime disable etc.) but I just waited till after driving the car to try again and it always worked.

Now, it throws the voltage error every time I try. When I am trying to make these changes, I have lights off and AC off as well, so not sure what could be drawing power. Truck has always started fine, auto start/stop always works so I don't think there is actually a low battery situation. I wonder if forscan or adapter is just reading voltage incorrectly.

You realize that your ecoboost engine has the battery monitor system that cuts off the alternator at a certain voltage to save mpg. This is what you are experiencing. You will need to reset your BMS (battery monitor system).

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey Liv,

Hooking up a battery tender when using Forscan may help? A lot of people do it when loading tunes...I do.