Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sher-bant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the nav screen to serve as a monitor screen?

I used to have a stereo guy who was able to make my screens play movies, etc. I'm wondering if there's a way to have my phone tie into that screen.

SeXualAVENGER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just made the forscan changes today. As stated, it was surprisingly easy. It took longer to back up the originals than to make the actual changes. I added:

-Lincoln auto folding mirrors.

-Temp above ending and transmission gauges.

-Heated and cooled seats icons as well as heated steering wheel in main screen.

-Stereo play extended to 30 minutes.

-Secure idle

-Disable engine noise.

After I had disabled the engine sound I found that I liked the augmented engine sound better than the real thing and turned it back on. There was also a weird whine in the speakers that could be heard with the augmented sound off. All the other changes were great. I only wish that they had a patch for the auto re-lock after 45 seconds.

Tone

When you enabled the engine noise what was the number you put in? I disabled mine and agree that it sounded better enabled. I think the value to enable it is 3, but just wanted to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tonecapone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you enabled the engine noise what was the number you put in? I disabled mine and agree that it sounded better enabled. I think the value to enable it is 3, but just wanted to double check.

I just reloaded my original ACM that I had saved since it was the only thing that I changed in that module but I believe that the value was returned to "2" to reactivate the engine noise.
Tone

Kenny008

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whats Secure idle do?

If the fob leaves the vehicle while it is running, it locks the transmission in PARK.

---------- Post added at 08:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 AM ----------

On mine:

ACM 727-01-01
Sound Enabled: xxxx x2xx xxxx
Sound Disabled: xxxx x0xx xxxx

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to back up all of the modules at once without having to go to each one?

crv

Reaction score
I did the secure idle. Which stops someone else driving off without a fob. Now everytime i get out of the truck fob in pocket to run inside. the idle increases 250rpm or so.
idles at 1k as soon as i hop out and shut the door. and idles down to 750 or so as soon i get in and shut the door.
Doubt anyone in here knows, just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Same here!

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did all the popular FORScan changes weeks ago, but still can't figure out what Bambi mode does for our Gen 2s. I know it's supposed to keep fogs on when the high-beams are used, but we don't have fogs. All the lights already seem to stay on, including the low-beams and markers, with the high-beams

What am I missing?

dmercer3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you guys doing this with windows or an app? I cant get obdwiz to run on windows because microsoft will not let me install net framework 2.0 (just hangs from every site) and yes I know how to enable it through the control panel, its not working.