Forget about 37’s on a 35 truck , Who is going to be the first to stuff 39‘s on a 37 truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've met quite a few people running 39s or 40s. Sort of opposite of what @Big Blue said, they are dedicated off-road rigs. In addition to glass/carbon, you generally have to shave the firewall and headlights, which basically ruins the headlights. You'll definitely want to change gearing as well. All-in-all, not terribly difficult, but pretty invasive. In the Gen3 world, the ideal would be ordered with 35s, but running 39s.

Experience obviously from Gen1/Gen2, but no reason to think it wouldn't be the same for Gen3.
Dedicated "off road rig" is apples to oranges compared to a poser cramming in the biggest tires that fit.

And I still have never seen anyone need anything bigger than 35" for blue/black trails. At least not in the northeast.

4x4ready

Reaction score
This was a 35 truck to start? For some reason 39’s look like a tougher fit on the Gen 3 as compared to 37’s in the Gen 2. Curious to see where the wells were enlarged. Obviously suspension was tweaked.

Yes, 35 truck to start but stock / conservative offset. Now if were talking aggressive offset on a 37 it would probably rub.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 37 pack bigger tire easy answer to this appears to be the Nitto 38 12.50 17 Ridgegrappler 6 ply C rated - just came out in sept. Someone just put these on a 37 truck and they fit, 81 pounds each. Maybe they will make a trail also. I agree 39s will be tough and the weight penalty will be huge. 80 pounds is bad enough, 90 plus will not be good.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to, looking at the truck you can see that silver Eibachs spring in there. Hmm 88ish pounds of tire, but it does look pretty awesome !!! Will these beasts really clear during off road driving however that looks questionable. Never thought those 39 13.50 17 KM3 would work. Good on you for giving this a shot.

Last edited:

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Those don't look right. Too "balloonish" and not really proportionate to the rest of the truck. Just my opinion. I think 37's are still the right look for the Raptor overall.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dedicated "off road rig" is apples to oranges compared to a poser cramming in the biggest tires that fit.

And I still have never seen anyone need anything bigger than 35" for blue/black trails. At least not in the northeast.
When we were at Outback in North Carolina, the big boys with 37’s and superchargers rutted the place out pretty good and 37’s or bigger would have been nice.

I will more than likely switch to 37’s once my 315’s wear out, but I have not had any major issues, just have to ride on top of the ruts occasionally, lol.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Had to, looking at the truck you can see that silver Eibachs spring in there. Hmm 88ish pounds of tire, but it does look pretty awesome !!! Will these beasts really clear during off road driving however that looks questionable. Never thought those 39 13.50 17 KM3 would work. Good on you for giving this a shot.
They will probably self clearance pretty quick lol