Ford Sync

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeoNeo

Reaction score
Is there a new update for 2011 ford sync or is it still Sync Version Gen1 - V3.2.5 . All this talk of the 3.5.1 has me confused i think that the 3.5.1 is for the 2013 raptor right?

CB17

Reaction score
Navteq Maps has a software application update which is two disks and the Navigation map update/Gracenote update which is two disks as well. I had mine done last fall by dealer.
1-888-NAV-MAPS

CB17

Reaction score
How much did it set you back and was it worth it?

Price on invoice says $199...however I got the whole damn box with the 4 disks installed as part of a software fix. I was having issues with my travel link weather putting me in a different part of the country then I was actually in (may be minuscule to some). After 2 trips to the dealer Ford gave the go ahead for the update free of charge to me. So yeah...I'm very happy, all works like the day I drove the truck home.

jethelopilot

Reaction score
V3.6 MyFord Touch Firmware Update

Got the email from Ford this afternoon about the new MyFord Touch firmware update 3.6. Figured I better get it while the get’n was good—and go-ahead right then and do the update. (BTW, the site seems to be overloaded now. I would maybe wait a day or two before you try.)

It was absolutely straight-forward—just followed the website screen instructions. You’ll need a 2GB USB thumbdrive for the download and install.

Went out and started up truck and then put the thumbdrive into the top USB slot. The system started the update process after about a 5-10 second delay with a opening warning screen about not shutting off your truck and trying to do it with Accessory power; quitting halfway thru it; and some other instructions.

It took about 30 minutes to do the update. The systems shuts down and reboots half-a-dozen times during the process. I just sat in my driveway with my iPad, surfed and waited until it was completely finished. When it is done it has you go back to the web site to report a successful install with the thumbdrive you used for the install.

It was straight-forward and no issues.

Here’s what I noticed:

Everything Ford says it will do it does, which is nice!

They fixed the Wifi password issue (previously you could not enter any combo of alpha-numerics for password to your home WiFi). SO now you can connec the truck to your WiFi; AND make the truck a access point for other internet access devices.

It does appear to run faster and transition smoother.

Voice commands are still a bit tricky.

It doesn’t erase your SVT “Raptor” opening/closing—which I was worried it might.

You keep all of your audio settings including presets.

You will have to re-connect your Bluetooth phone and re-enter any quick-dial locations with numbers.

You will have to re-select the 911 assist if you had that option selected before.

The rear camera looks a bit different and the options for viewing are singular. Delayed or not are still options.

Your home location is messed up—at least mine was. It was still listed as a favorite, but when I told the system to “Navigation, Destination, Home.” It said that I needed to set my home location (which is how I knew it was still there as I checked). I just erased it and re-inputed it—worked fine. I asked it to navigate to a couple of my Favorites and it seemed to be working fine.

The clock settings get re-set to default. I had mine on military time and it was reset to standard. Plus it was one hour behind (missed the Daylight savings change?) Easily fixed of course and working good now.

All-in-all I think worth the time and no issues with physical part of the update.

Just MHO.

Thanks!