Ford - Self repo cars. What could go wrong?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not a fan of this. But something similar on the wife's BMW. Had to pay for the remote start through the app, even though the system was already on the vehicle.

The bigger issue I see is someone (government) saying when you are allowed to use your vehicle. Already seeing some type of it, not allowing people to charge their EVs.

We are giving away our freedoms in favor of some technology.

KingKoopa17

Reaction score
And it'll only get worse!

Attachments

• Uncooperative+backstage+accelerated_cf5bce_10714318.jpg
    Uncooperative+backstage+accelerated_cf5bce_10714318.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 22

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Not a fan of this. But something similar on the wife's BMW. Had to pay for the remote start through the app, even though the system was already on the vehicle.
Did someone say “jailbreak”?
The bigger issue I see is someone (government) saying when you are allowed to use your vehicle. Already seeing some type of it, not allowing people to charge their EVs.
yeah, there are plenty of opportunities for failure here. Ex. Ford’s auto shutoff has already been misused and killed a few K9’s.
What happens when their tech, correctly or mistakenly locks the vehicle and traps a pet or child. In VA, a pet locked in a vehicle without AC is a potential year in jail, possibly a felony if there’s a death. Would Ford be an accomplice? Don’t be too quick to dismiss that possibility.

I agree w/ @Nex, there’s a point of connectivity and convenience that makes things no longer worth it. I think this is it. Not because I in any way condone not making good on your payments. Rather, the potential for abuse here is far too great.