Ford Remote Access.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested to see how this works compared to aftermarket systems. I've currently got a Code Alarm system installed and have been less than impressed with it so far. Some times it takes me at least three tries just to get it to unlock the door and half the time hitting the unlock turns on the audio system, which then shuts off as soon as I open the door. Wtf?

I'd have gone with their phone app, but it's primarily setup for use with GSM networks and pretty much everything in my area is CDMA. Any idea what system Fords setup uses? Initial impressions?

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It appears to be a (very expensive IMO) security system. It would be nice if Ford provided other features that monitored diagnostic info that's maintained in the truck's computer, like oil life for instance.

I don't need to start my Raptor from Texas and since it doesn't have a GPS locator (but rather a remote panic feature) ... "I'm out."

I don't think its that expensive compared to the aftermarket companies like viper that offer the same thing. I agree a diagnostic in an app would be great just like I can do with my OnStar app for my wife's car. Speaking off which I can do all this ford app does with plus diagnostics.....

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the adiovox system on one of my previous trucks and it was a little more expensive than this...

i like the idea of a cell phone app to start my truck. i work in the middle of a BIG building and we get a couple of inches of snow here in syracuse... so if i can start my truck from my shop before i leave it will be nice and toasty when i get out there...

ill have to get ahold of my dealer and see what they want to charge..

would be nice if this was included right from the factory

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bought the Ford Remote Access today at my local dealership.
App can be downloaded at the App Store on your iPhone or Android.
Data plan is $49 per annum.
Pics to follow.

^**** you. Lol. I saw this weeks ago and was like... "I'll be the only one to buy this... since I think no-one else would be willing to drop the $$$ compared to the Viper but I like OEM..."

Damn it, there goes another ~$500 THANKS A LOT MAN :lol2:

*You're a pioneering genius.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So besides the normal remote start functions, which hopefully are set up, does it do anything besides send break in alerts and being able to start halfway around the world? I could see this being handy in lockout type situations as well.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hate to state the obvious here but i will lol

this system will only be as good as whatever type of cell signal that it uses. If your out in the middle of the desert it may not work to well lol

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So for those who are ordering at any standard dealer here's the Breakdown:

$385 for the Main Kit
~$199 for the (required) Security Kit
w/ 6% MD State Tax came out to be $619.

Install cost me: $471 w/ 1st year included.

Caution: This isn't a system for anyone who needs to think about cost. For me, after getting my truck back after so long I'm willing to throw down to make it shit-hot. So for roughly $1K I'd definitely say explore your other options.

I just personally like OEM on my truck for critical components i.e. wheels and this system. Check out the Viper 5097 system, for anyone who's debating, might be more cost effective.

mwright4679

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow at that cost there is no way i would even consider it....

so much better stuff that can be bought for the truck for that money....

SVT N8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the concept and that it's oem so I assume they would warranty it? The price seems like the only negative side, especially if you don't keep a vehicle for too long.