Ford Raptor Trail Project - Maps of where to run

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwickd

Reaction score
Where Huck is saying that we could be liable is if a trail doesn't work out and say someone damages their vehicle or hurts themselves trying it. Or what if your trail unwittingly ends up on private or restricted land and the person gets ticketed or fined or shot. You gave them the trail with them under the assumption that it was safe or verified. This isn't always the case, I'll tell you right now that I can see serious issues with me putting our trails out there for the general public to find and use.... How about driving over a ridge and not being able to get back out? (Night Raptor 1 lost some IWEs on that one) Hitting a 3 foot ditch where the land has shifted over the road? (One of the many reasons not everyone is cut out to be a support truck) or simply running out of trail....even though it says it go through? Don't get me wrong, I nabbed a small section from an overlander forum for ARDD that was very fun, if not a little hairy for our wheel base. But there are certain runs I would never put out there for public use. Like Yukon said, I'd likely share them in the members only section or on a requested basis but not to every Tom, ****, and Yuppy that has an internet connection.

The one I would/did share was one of our Carolina monthly meets you can see here.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f112...hly-meet-white-lake-area-nc-33675/#post673168
They were very wide, safe trails, and I clearly explained potential hazards. That is not always possible without a shit ton more work, especially the bigger runs where we've mapped hundreds of miles of trails.

But by all means best of luck with your project and don't take it so personal or that people are being selfish. It's not like that at all... And you're not coming off in the best light getting so offended over it...

This trail system looks awesome! I will be down that way tomorrow- gonna see if I can get this truck dirty.

Raptorrebel

Reaction score
ROC,
Thanks for putting together a place that everyone can share trail maps. I just got my Lowrance gps a couple months back and just downloaded expertgps to help create, download and transfer trails. I used some of your GPX files to help me learn the system and it was a huge help, they are ready for download to my lowrance and cant wait to run them. I will be submitting some maps of Southern California as soon as I have time to create them and run them. Once again, thanks for putting this together since most trail maps you find online are Jeep trails. RR

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why we put them out there for you to use. Have not had time to upload recent maps but should have them up in the week. Once you map some of the socal run shoot me a PM and I will add them to the database.

OP
OP
m3dragon

m3dragon

FRF Addict
Reaction score

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spent some time driving some roads today. these are good roads to have fun on except 2 issues. 2way traffic and speed limits. the blue is where i went today. the red is where i still need to go. these are more scenic routes if you are into that. these roads are very smooth with the occasional washboard, but 2wd sedans and minivans were navigating these roads. we are still looking for good spots to let the truck run free.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 92