Ford Raptor Stock Muffler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
G

Ghost5.0

Reaction score
The exhaust system is only partially what makes a Raptor sound the way it does. If you look here: MORE POWER COMES STANDARD ON 6.2-LITER V8 ENGINE ON TAP FOR MORE CAPABLE 2011 FORD F-150 SVT RAPTOR | Ford Motor Company Newsroom you will read, " The exhaust for the 6.2-liter engine was uniquely tuned to deliver the performance-oriented, high-horsepower sound customers want. Additionally, a unique firing order gives the 6.2-liter a distinctive roar. The 6.2-liter V8 is similar to the engine used in the all-new 2011 Super Duty, but features unique tuning and a special cam profile to produce more horsepower and torque."

My sense of this is that it is mostly the engine that makes a Raptor sound like a Raptor.

Makes sense.. Good read..thanks

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
decibels and drone are two different thing a properly tuned to your specific vehicle is the most important thing or have a straight threw muffler than you just hear the motor it is still muffled just not baffled and the baffles if not placed right are where you get your drone from IMO

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont own a Raptor..Wish I could afford one.. I have a 2012 Ford F-150 with the 5.0 motor...

I love the way the Raptor sounds with the stock exhaust... I know it has a bigger motor than my 5.0 .

Was wanting to buy a stock raptor muffler, from a Raptor owner who changed exhaust set-up for their Raptor..Just wanting the muffler.

But if its the same as my stock ford muffler.. Then guess im going a different route..

Ok, Let me see what I can find out for ya...

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sound is not based on the 6.2 engine, I just trade a 2010 5.4 and if anything it was actually a little louder than the 2012 6.2 I got (both Raptors). I was actually going to start a thread complaining that at idle, the exhaust tone on my 6.2 is quieter than my 5.4! This is important to me because I always remote start my truck, and I can't hear the 6.2 when I'm in the house, so I'm not sure if it is started! Not a problem with the 5.4, it roared to life and kept a good note as it warmed up. So it is not the engine alone. The original brochures on the 5.4 had some info regarding a "specially tuned" exhaust for the specific sound SVT wanted. Just getting the muffler we have isn't going to give you the sound we have though, because the exhaust was designed based on the engine, so it will not sound the same on your 5.0. I have run magnaflow systems, not bad on drone. I'm sure if you check some clips on youtube you can find a system for the 5.0 that sounds good. Good luck.

cage1993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think your 5.4L had a resonator.

maybe the case, I never paid attention. The 6.2 has a good note at WOT, but the 5.4 had a better note thru out the whole range. Anyone taken the resonator off the 6.2 and kept everything else stock? wonder how that would do?