Ford Raptor Forum's "Havoc in the Hills: 2" Official Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen bits and pieces of this info all over the forum and the net and was hoping to get it a consolidated in one place as it relates to havoc from those who have been there done it already...specifically:

Off road mode: on or off?
Advance track: on or off and if off, what level of off?
ELD: on or off when and why?
4X4 on or off when and why (outside normal traction 4x4 needs)
Air down yes or no and if so to what?

thanks in advance.

Marc

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen bits and pieces of this info all over the forum and the net and was hoping to get it a consolidated in one place as it relates to havoc from those who have been there done it already...specifically:

Off road mode: on or off?
Advance track: on or off and if off, what level of off?
ELD: on or off when and why?
4X4 on or off when and why (outside normal traction 4x4 needs)
Air down yes or no and if so to what?

thanks in advance.

Marc

Off road mode; Off
Advanced track; Full Off, hold button down for at least 5 sec
ELD; No
4x4; New drivers; Yes. Experienced drivers; Optional
Air down; No
Gas pedal; To the floor

P.S. (This is NOT a race). However, be mindful of any approaching trucks on your rear...AND move to the right at your earliest and safest opportunity so they can pass.

Last edited:

Mustangraptorkid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What big blue said is good I run mine in two wheel unless I need four wheel and I manually shift my truck I didn't air down last time and was fine never really use the locker traction control needs to be all the way off or it'll annoy the shit out of you

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Most only used 4wd last year to save tires. 2wd would smoke a set in two laps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off road mode; Off
Advanced track; Full Off, hold button down for at least 5 sec
ELD; No
4x4; New drivers; Yes. Experienced drivers; Optional
Air down; No
Gas pedal; To the floor

P.S. (This is NOT a race). However, be mindful of any approaching trucks on your rear...AND move to the right at your earliest and safest opportunity so they can pass.

Thank you, this is what i needed to know and thanks to the other responses as well.

this is a big help.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Best is to figure out what works for you. Some like off road mode, some don't, some like limited tcs some don't. It's all what works best for you.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, this is what i needed to know and thanks to the other responses as well.

this is a big help.

Anytime, it's an awesome offroad park.

The course itself is marked perfectly. I do not think there is a need for GPS here. Anytime there was some trail intersections or a major turn, the wrong way was taped off and GLRE placed Vendor banners throughout the track so you always knew you were on course. Be sure to always drive with all your offroads lights on, so you can be better seen.

Always go at your own pace and enjoy!!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Try a few different settings and see what you like.

I've noticed that the guys who run a tune on their truck typically do not like off-road mode. If you have stock tune, I think you'll like it. It helps to keep the truck in lower gear. If nothing else, lock out gears 4, 5 & 6

4- wheel drive will help save tires, but may wear on the 4x4 components given your front end hight.

TSC off- again preference here. Sport mode can be fun. It allows you to play, but will keep you in check. When I let others drive my truck, especially at snoball, I keep them in sport mode. It's damn near impossible to toss the truck into a ditch with it in sport.

Locked rear? Only good up to 20 mph unless in off-road mode. It could be useful on some of the steep hill climbs.

If you've never used hill (Jill) decent, Try it out on the Sunday trail ride. It's a neat feature.

Sections of the trail are tight at Rausch Creek, but keep an eye on your tail. Someone might be looking to pass. Just get over at the next wide area.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com
@OrangeAddict @MobileBeats @The Car Stereo Company

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best is to figure out what works for you. Some like off road mode, some don't, some like limited tcs some don't. It's all what works best for you.

true...this is a good starting point with some behind the scenes info so I can at least make a somewhat educated decision.

I've played with the off road mode a bit and am not yet a fan. The gearing and throttle response seem to soft to me. i like the quicker response of the normal setting.

I ordered the tune from SVC yesterday and unless i hate it (which i doubt) I'll be running it at havoc...so we'll see how that affects my decisions on settings.

ive also played with the traction control in sport mode and think I will like that on the trails a lot.

rap67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, in light of the two suggestions about keeping an eye behind me for trucks wanting to pass, (I'm getting pre havoc complex) I intend to mount a 50" back lit LED flat screen to the chase rack and play **** so that those of you behind me have something to keep you occupied. :)

Or if you prefer i can play some dora the explorer, thomas the tank engine or a forever repeating free willy 2.

LOL that would suck.......