Ford raptor brake system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRONMAN

Reaction score
here's treypal's upgrade. I like this setup, but I'd like to hear his review of the system.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f65/treypals-2011-baja-1000-raptor-prep-4646/index3.html#post78637

Ordered the same set up as treypal's. Rotors just arrived the other day now waiting for the Yellow pads to come in.
NOW these are ROTORS...DAMN!

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2085.jpg
    IMG_2085.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 636

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ordered the same set up as treypal's. Rotors just arrived the other day now waiting for the Yellow pads to come in.
NOW these are ROTORS...DAMN!

attachment.php

Yep I put a set of these on my 4runner. Night and day difference but then again so did moving up from the regular 4runner to tundra brakes haha

23849_545705814724_71300364_31927564_5808266_n.jpg

I know EBC will be the way I'm going when by raptor brakes give up.

treypal

Lord of the Raptors
Reaction score
Whos got best prices on the sport rotors and yellow stuff pads?

I got good prices at autoanything.com

FYI, I have around 15k miles on my pads and rotors with good wear, and none of the dusting issues that EBC says will happen. They work really well too. I might upgrade my rear to the yellow pads on stock rotors.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Install stainless steel brake lines and more aggressive pad. SS brake lines will not balloon like an OE brake line.

I'm going to talk to my friends at Stop Tech about building a Big Brake Kit for this truck... like they did for my Viper. IMO, Wilwood brakes are terrible. They have never made a competitive performance brake.

I have the same concern about stopping distances as I get ready to buy a Raptor.

Brad

+100 for stoptech, had a set on my wrx back in the day the were amazing with good tires.

keep us updated!

ISFast

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whos got best prices on the sport rotors and yellow stuff pads?

I got good prices at autoanything.com

FYI, I have around 15k miles on my pads and rotors with good wear, and none of the dusting issues that EBC says will happen. They work really well too. I might upgrade my rear to the yellow pads on stock rotors.

Yep thats where I got mine as well! They price match up to a year after just FYI.