Ford In-Use Program?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D11gnccer

Reaction score
Has anyone participated in this program?

My 2019 has 16k miles on it with an 8 year extended warranty. I currently have intentions of keeping it long term and question how much abuse it would be subjected to during a 200 mile equivalent dyno run.

I’m debating it just for a story to tell later in life. Probably a definite yes if I were without a toddler and could squeeze in a two week unlimited mileage road trip with the freebie rental. Thoughts?
IMG_7423.jpegIMG_7424.jpeg

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah $200 doesn’t sound like enough to beat the shit out of my truck for a couple weeks. That’s what it costs to rent a crossover for 2-3 days.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No way. There are so many ways for that to go wrong.

I still remember driving to see my dad's 65 Vette at the bodyshop. They had taken it out on a test drive after months of repairs due to a semi with no brakes that cut the corner on an offramp and ran over the front end. The guy test driving it after the repairs managed to drive it into the back of a parked car at 45 MPH. The entire front end was smashed to the firewall.

They fixed it again.

That car got stolen later on from Sears when he was getting the snowtires put on it for winter.

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a chance. Well, if they said they would like to give me a new raptor of my choice for my current one so they could do research and testing on it, then yes. No to all other options.