FORD in a Rush to the finish?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As most know know, I've been around the forum a while but don't post often. Seems most Raptor issues get posted instantly, so I generally go thru the forum and find just about any question or concern I have issue with.

What most may not know is I own a 2010 5.4 and now a 2013 6.2 as well, both SCabs. This weekend was my first time "bonding" with the 2013. The day after it was delivered I had to go to work up in PA for the last two weeks. I washed, waxed and detailed both Raptors over the weekend.

Having said that, I was a little disappointed at what I found. I was all over every millimeter of each truck and here's what I found. The first thing as soon as I started washing the 13' was my micro wash mit got caught on a piece of trash, in the paint dead in the center of the hood and it even pulled a chunk of the material of the cloth out. Light paint in the light buckets and along the edge of the hood. It looked almost like over spray. Fitment of the front flares compared to the 10', seemed to be off. There's a gap near the running boards that the 10' doesn't have. Interior seems to be tight and no issues. Not Saying the 2010 was perfect or flawless, but just seemed that a little more time and care was put into it.

These issues are not deal killers, Just a little disappointed. I only waited 5 months for delivery and only shelled out 50 K. The 13' is probably one of the last white 13' SCabs to come off the line, and from reading the 13' order thread, I'm wondering if FORD Dearborn is in a "Mad Dash" to fulfill 2013 orders that are scheduled and maybe QC suffered some.

My dealer was great at keeping me informed, stayed in communication with me and shared emails they had from Factory Reps and kept me in the loop. But best, and worst case (imo), they'll want to respray. I'm not even considering that! I'll live with it, things could be much worse, just venting a little and wondering if mine is the only one with finish issues. I would think I was being too ****** if it wasn't for the fact I have two Raptors side by side to compare.
image.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I want to wrap it, in that case the paint issues will go away. But in the meantime...

Last edited:

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my 2011 molten has the same problems, looks like sand in the paint in areas. a big blob of paint in the center of the tail gate. and orange peel in the rear scab doors. dealer said they could touch it up. nah I will live with it also. don't want to have a worse looking truck with a touched up paint job.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I've seen other paint issues in the past. You might want to get it fixed under warranty before you wrap it. That way it's covered. The paint will then new perfect under the warp.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im not sure if a mad dash is the cause of it. arent these things painted and built by machines? i know some of the parts are hand installed, but i thought paint was mechanical. probably just an inperfection, like a piece of debris.

OP
OP
OUTCAST

OUTCAST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure if a mad dash is the cause of it. arent these things painted and built by machines? i know some of the parts are hand installed, but i thought paint was mechanical. probably just an inperfection, like a piece of debris.

Yes they're painted by machine, but QC'd by Ford Peep's. You'd think they'd know by now they can't get much past a Raptor owner! Lol

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a piece of something in my paint too, next to the headlight. coming from a previous ford which the whole nose of the car was light paint I'm glad that's all I found.

Slacker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have lots of spots where the white doesn't cover the primer. Mostly down facing surfaces like the top of the headlights. Thinking about complaining to the dealer because there are a lot of places where I see through the paint. Only have 6,000 miles.