GEN 2 Ford GT oil in a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been running Motul Sport Ester 5W-40 since 1,200 miles and no issues at all. Have great oil pressure and with it being full ester based its a true synthetic oil.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't remember how much Amsoil is these days... I just buy the Schaeffer's at Amazon and it works out to be about $10/quart or so. Not cheap by any means but I didn't shop around. Since I only do 2 oil changes a year it isn't a big expense IMO but honestly, the truck ran much smoother and quieter on it, it was VERY apparent.
What filter do you use with Schaeffer's?

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every ford performace vehicle says 5w50 for tracking except the raptor . I track my truck everyday on way home from work . Roush even says 5w50 for the roush raptor 3.5 . motul 5w40 for me , soon switching to motul 5w50 for arizona summer. If i wasn't modded it would be 5w30

1673200531348.png

Last edited:

RaptorWings

Reaction score
As everyone else has said, the GT and Raptor motors are not the same.

You will get worse lubrication and less protection by going with too heavy of an oil. The iteration of the 3.5 Ecoboost in the Raptor is designed to use 5W30 oil. I would not use anything other than a full synthetic. For my own truck I have been using an oil with a higher HTHS value (high temp, high shear) than the Ford full synthetic as I think it makes sense for turbo engines that tend to shear down the oil quickly.

After some research when I got the truck I found that what you want to look for is an oil that does the following:
Full synthetic
Meets SN+ certification
Meets Ford 946-B1 specification
Has an HTHS above 3.0

If you have an oil like that and are changing it every 5,000km (roughly 3,000 miles) you're going to be in better shape than the semi-synthetic for sure.
Any specific recommendations?

BigTaco

Reaction score
Every ford performace vehicle says 5w50 for tracking except the raptor . I track my truck everyday on way home from work . Roush even says 5w50 for the roush raptor 3.5 . motul 5w40 for me , soon switching to motul 5w50 for arizona summer. If i wasn't modded it would be 5w30

View attachment 387873
FYI, Roush says this is a mistake. If you call them, they will tell you to use 5W30…