GEN 2 Ford GT oil in a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there any harm in running the ford semi synthetic and changing it more frequently, say every 4k under mixed use?

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the factory oil so no.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t know what Fords oil is about. But semi synth only has to contain a very small percentage of Synth oil mixed in to qualify as a semi. This is a tough motor, but it’s expected to work hard. Why risk it? This oil could take this motor to 200k miles yet. But I would rather pour liquid insurance into the motor and not the cheap stuff.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took the advice offered (thanks) and will not use the 5w50. Unfortunately, other choices such as Pennzoil and Amsoil are not available where I live and Mobil 1 15w30 full synthetic is out of stock. I will try to get Shell or Motul 5w30 which meets Ford specs, as that may be the only locally available quality option.
Why cant you order those oils on line. Amsoil delivers it straight to your house . Become a member for $20.00 and you get their products at a discounted rate.. IMO Amsoil is the best oil on the market..

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
IMO Amsoil is the best oil on the market..
No doubt it is good, I have run it. I did switch to Schaeffer though and the truck ran noticeably quieter and smoother. Schaeffer has the best anti wear formula that I've ever used, they use a lot of moly is my guess why.

Fireguy144

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No doubt it is good, I have run it. I did switch to Schaeffer though and the truck ran noticeably quieter and smoother. Schaeffer has the best anti wear formula that I've ever used, they use a lot of moly is my guess why.
How's the price compared to amsoil ?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How's the price compared to amsoil ?
I don't remember how much Amsoil is these days... I just buy the Schaeffer's at Amazon and it works out to be about $10/quart or so. Not cheap by any means but I didn't shop around. Since I only do 2 oil changes a year it isn't a big expense IMO but honestly, the truck ran much smoother and quieter on it, it was VERY apparent.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Many of the anti-wear additives are now regulated due to emissions requirements; is the Schaeffer oil API SP rated?