Ford ESP / extended warranty plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KOBRA2848

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is way less expensive buying via a website. On my 2014 they quoted me $2500 but I purchased online from Flood Ford for a little over $1200 for the same coverage.

Mark

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a question....Since almost all of our Raptors have been "Modified" .... and clearly the small print says NO Modifications will be covered,and talking with a few dealers about buying a Ford ESP for my Shelby,they all said the same thing...So,my question is..has anyone found an good Extended Warranty that will cover modifications...AND...WTF...SHELBY is authorized my Ford...its their Brand,isnt it....Mine was done right at the Ford Shelby location in Las Vegas...not in my backyard...yet they refuse to allow an ESP on it...I only wonder if one buys a NEW Shelby Raptor off a dealers lot for $120K++ it they tell the buyer,sorry...NO warranty..!!
Anyone know anything about this subject??
THANKS

trophycummins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have a question....Since almost all of our Raptors have been "Modified" .... and clearly the small print says NO Modifications will be covered,and talking with a few dealers about buying a Ford ESP for my Shelby,they all said the same thing...So,my question is..has anyone found an good Extended Warranty that will cover modifications...AND...WTF...SHELBY is authorized my Ford...its their Brand,isnt it....Mine was done right at the Ford Shelby location in Las Vegas...not in my backyard...yet they refuse to allow an ESP on it...I only wonder if one buys a NEW Shelby Raptor off a dealers lot for $120K++ it they tell the buyer,sorry...NO warranty..!!
THANKS

Shelby Raptors are built by Tuscany. Ford motor company techs dont have a service manual or parts supply chain for Shelby/Tuscany parts.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THANKS

They figure if you are dropping $120K+ on an F150, you can handle the costs of a repair when it comes up.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shelby Raptors are built by Tuscany. Ford motor company techs dont have a service manual or parts supply chain for Shelby/Tuscany parts.

Not sure who "Tuscany" is...and maybe they do the new Shelby Baja....but mine was built in early 2014 by Shelby of Las Vegas...I do agree though on the "manual & parts"...just by calling Shelby in Vegas and my local Ford Dealer with some questions...they both just give a run around,and tell you to talk to the other....sure hope if I ever have problems and need something fixed I dont get the same run around...but why do I doubt that very much....

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They figure if you are dropping $120K+ on an F150, you can handle the costs of a repair when it comes up.

Exactly...thats what they assume...and I've seen a lot of it on this Forum...with repairs,gas mileage,mods..etc...most assume,well,if you can drop $70K on a truck,you can afford ANYTHING having to deal with it,not realizing a lot on this Forum were not born with a Silver Spoon in their mouths and had to scrimp and save to make the purchase....And really..I dont care how much $$ you have...if you drop $100+ on a vehicle and 6 months later your looking at a $10K bill because your not covered...99% are going to be pissed....Still think its crazy no matter who builds them...when you say Shelby,you say Ford...and for them to sell a modified truck on their lot,but not warranty it is crazy...IMHO

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Exactly...thats what they assume...and I've seen a lot of it on this Forum...with repairs,gas mileage,mods..etc...most assume,well,if you can drop $70K on a truck,you can afford ANYTHING having to deal with it,not realizing a lot on this Forum were not born with a Silver Spoon in their mouths and had to scrimp and save to make the purchase....And really..I dont care how much $$ you have...if you drop $100+ on a vehicle and 6 months later your looking at a $10K bill because your not covered...99% are going to be pissed....Still think its crazy no matter who builds them...when you say Shelby,you say Ford...and for them to sell a modified truck on their lot,but not warranty it is crazy...IMHO

It's not the same. $70K for a new Raptor is not of out line with other full size trucks loaded up with options. You could still get out of the truck without taking a huge bath if needed. Neither can be said for the Shelby truck. It's sold to people who have a ton of disposable income and need people to "LOOK AT ME!". A $5000 engine repair should not be an issue for those types of people. If it is, that's 100% on them for overextending themselves financially. They had the opportunity to buy a cheaper warrantied version of the same truck and they chose not to. Whether they are pissed or not- I don't feel bad for them.

NovagatorCFA

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question. I've just surpassed the 1 month mark with my (beautiful) Raptor. Can I still purchase extended warranty coverage through Ford? Should I go with another provider (i.e. what is Flood)?