Ford Atlas Concept

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

justvettn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is Dubbs bitch slapping 6.2 across the room.

6.2, you have been around here more than most. You have to have some idea that when it comes to Ford products Dubbs knows what the **** he is talking about. The only assumption people can come to is A) you're some punk ass kid that thinks he knows everything or B) you're a tool that just likes to start shit for the sake of starting shit.

Do you get now why no one likes you? Imagine our pain having to read 16,000 posts of utter nonsense and garbage.

You truly do suck at life.

Just seeing that stupid avatar annoys me! :mf_pcwhack:

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting stuff on the 2015 Mustang. I figured ford was being tight lipped on the 15 because it was the 50th anniversary and should be something special. I know the evos was a flop, but didn't stop and think maybe the evos was THE rough draft and ford had to scramble back to the drawing board. If they roll out a 2014.5, that gives them another six months? So 2015 unveil could be April of 2014? Whatever happens I hope the 2015 is sick and kicks some gm mulletmaro ass.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even SVT has ties to the failed Probe Mustang. Depending on how it turns out could have significant ramifications on either Ford Design engineers, SVT Design engineers, or both.
It could be a positive or a negative. It will all depend on what the public thinks.
If someone from SVT stepped in and "saved the day", it would buy a lot of favor for future SVT programs. I just can't wait to hear the whole story.

wanderfalk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Atlas platform showcases many features and styling ques that you will see directly on the F150. Ford doesnt have another pickup line in the US, so you can call it what you want, but the Atlas is a precursor to the F150 next gen platform. Its not the same as their Tonka truck concept in 2002 on the F350. Atlas is not a branding name, its an internal name for the upcoming F150. When people at Ford discuss the 2015 F150, they simply call it Atlas.

I think the Atlas is a serious redesign of the current f150. Now the most surprising aspect of the Atlas is the interior. If they put a close version of the Atlas interior into production that will be a game changer.

The 2014 chevy truck was a mild revision . The 5.3 seemed to be the best of the effort. I did think that the new chevy in production form was revealed at the same car show that the atlas debuted.

---------- Post added at 08:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

the first two sentences are a quote from dubbs

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think the Atlas is a serious redesign of the current f150. Now the most surprising aspect of the Atlas is the interior. If they put a close version of the Atlas interior into production that will be a game changer.

As much as I would love for that to happen, I have my doubts. Ford did a similar revision in the Super Chief concept with an over-the-top "modern" interior...although it looked great, I think it might be a little too cost prohibitive even on a $50K truck.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As much as I would love for that to happen, I have my doubts. Ford did a similar revision in the Super Chief concept with an over-the-top "modern" interior...although it looked great, I think it might be a little too cost prohibitive even on a $50K truck.

Agreed, I dont think we will get the interior as it sits in the Atlas. I got to see it at media day when it was revealed in Detroit, and the two vehicles that commanded the attention were the Stingray, and the Atlas. So it achieved its intended purpose, but that interior, as bedazzling as it was, would not be a practical truck interior. While it would be great for the high end buyers, remember there are fleets and fleets of base line F150s out there that want the most economical solution they can get.

My hope is that we get a few tidbits and they retain the overall style, which I think looks good. I would also count out the motorized ladder extension/step bar. LOL

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They motorized the Man's step, but do you still have to manually lock the tailgate?

Funny you say that. They cannot fit the actuator for electric lock in there because of that. My question was- "How much does that tailgate weigh? My answer was a smirk.

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Agreed, I dont think we will get the interior as it sits in the Atlas. I got to see it at media day when it was revealed in Detroit, and the two vehicles that commanded the attention were the Stingray, and the Atlas. So it achieved its intended purpose, but that interior, as bedazzling as it was, would not be a practical truck interior. While it would be great for the high end buyers, remember there are fleets and fleets of base line F150s out there that want the most economical solution they can get.

My hope is that we get a few tidbits and they retain the overall style, which I think looks good. I would also count out the motorized ladder extension/step bar. LOL

Yeah...no one is hauling ladders in a $50K work truck. And that won't be an option on your 3.7L V6 RC LB F-150s haha.

In my opinion, the Platinum interior is awesome. I almost traded my Titan in for a 2010 lifted Platinum (definitely glad I waited and got a Raptor), but that Platinum interior was absolutely awesome; two-tone leather, satin metal, wood grain. Gorgeous. I love the Raptor interior, but I'd like to see a little more quality/luxury material usage. I'm thinking about adding some custom paint to the interior at some point to dress it up a little. I really like what whtrapta (Cody) did with the metallic brown/bronze.

DubbsFaris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While this is a thread for the Atlas, my earlier posts about the mustang have a funny coincidence. This writer dug up some of the concept mustangs over the years, and I will say- If they had built the Milano, I would have one sitting in my garage to this day.

He left out the fact that Bruce Jenner was actually a concept that became the Ford Probe. (Which would have been the NEW 4th gen mustang if it wasnt vilified so badly for not being a Mustang by any stretch of the imagination)

Still, some good history!

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motora...rally-cars-ford-mustangs-never-194229178.html