FoMoCo bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But factory liner comes with the giant Ford logo. Just in case you missed the giant Ford logo on the tailgate or grill!

I still less obnoxious than the yellow line-x stickers they put all over the place.

Jr24

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I initially ordered the factory spray-in liner, but before my truck had been scheduled, I changed my mind, and removed it from my order. I like the idea and look of the factory liner, but I started to think about what I would do if I ever damaged the factory liner or if, Heaven forbid, my truck ever needed any body work which require stripping part of the liner.

My local Line-X dealer has done a good job on three previous trucks for me, and I like the idea that if I ever have a problem, I can go back to them to have the liner repaired or matched rather than having to try to get the closest match I could to the factory spray-in liner.

Now...if I could just fine a fairly local Line-X dealer to spray my rear wheel wells, because my local dealer will not do that.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The factory Ford liner is pretty good, BUT If you want what I consider the best spray in liner in the business then go with Line-X....

JLP83

Reaction score
But factory liner comes with the giant Ford logo. Just in case you missed the giant Ford logo on the tailgate or grill!

The lady at Line-x asked me if I wanted their giant raptor logo stenciled on the front of the bed. :crazy: I politely declined. I know it's a raptor and don't need to remind myself every time I open the tailgate.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would not have ordered mine with the spray-in bedliner, but since it was on the truck I bought, I have come to like it. I ordered the Bed Rug Mat to make it softer when crawling around in the back.

Offsetz33

Reaction score
For a hair over $1k I got a full bed rug and a bakflip mx4 so 6hundo for the factory spray in is a bad deal imo

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The after market sprays cover the entire horizontal surface of the bed, whereas the factory spray leaves that annoying two inch strip of unprotected paint on the bottom of the tailgate which gets scratched up when you slide stuff out of the box.

traxem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having the premium line-x sprayed on mine today. $627 out the door with tax but I'm hoping the uv protection is worth the added cost. The standard line-x was $100 cheaper. Only time will tell. My Duramax had a factory liner and it was plenty durable but faded quickly.

The factory liner is a $495 option. I think if you’re going to have it installed anyway, just get the factory installed one since the price is pretty reasonable. Plus, since it’s a factory installed part, your car insurance will cover it without needing to get aftermarket parts coverage.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a picture on the net, you can see the area's the factory liner does not protect the tailgate.
This is my reason to cancel the factory liner and get an aftermarket instead.

Attachments

• f150_bed2_7064e438d4ac913b7f52a835cb98edf4d5340c9a.jpg
    f150_bed2_7064e438d4ac913b7f52a835cb98edf4d5340c9a.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 48

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score

EXACTLY, that's the primary reason I passed on the factory bed liner when I ordered my new '18. I know what I'm driving and don't need more logos everywhere! Not a fan of this new trend of manufacturers stamping their logo's everywhere... I generally leave mine untreated and in a couple of years when it starts to get scratched up, I'll have it Line X'd...if I were using it as a work truck or doing a lot of load hauling I'd Line-X it right out of the gate. Home depot supplies don't tend to scratch :) I do use the Ford rubber mat though so that protects the bottom really well...

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

Found a picture on the net, you can see the area's the factory liner does not protect the tailgate.
This is my reason to cancel the factory liner and get an aftermarket instead.

What brand of truck is that...can't tell...needs a huge logo somewhere...