FoMoCo bedliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see many (most?) people are getting Ford to spray the bedliner for them. Is there anything special about it that makes it more desirable than a third party aftermarket would be? The cost is about the same.

I did NOT order a sprayed in liner just because I didn't want to finance that, I could always have the dealer install it and pay cash. My intent was to have my local "4 Wheel Parts" store use LineX, but I'm ready to be talked out of that if the arguments for the Ford version are good.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford uses a robot to apply the factory bedliner, sprays over some of the hardware, and doesn't spray under the box links. Line-X removes all the hardware, scuffs the bed paint for better adhesion, is hand applied, and tends to be thicker. By most accounts Line-X is more durable. But in light duty applications like an off-road, toy truck, the Ford bedline is more than durable enough.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere that Ford applies it over the bare metal from the factory (before paint).

No, it is over the factory paint, but they do apply an adhesive layer first. But if you watch some of the line-x videos, you will see it is far easier to remove the factory liner than the line-x.

My truck came with the factory liner and it is perfectly fine. But if I ordered, I would have left it off and gotten line-x. But for my light use, there really isn't a difference between the two.

JLP83

Reaction score
I'm having the premium line-x sprayed on mine today. $627 out the door with tax but I'm hoping the uv protection is worth the added cost. The standard line-x was $100 cheaper. Only time will tell. My Duramax had a factory liner and it was plenty durable but faded quickly.

Last edited:

c6vette

Reaction score
I looked at the OEM liner first but the truck I ended up with do not have it. As part of the deal I got the dealer to pay for a Line X liner and it is better quality. The OEM is ok but I would much rather have Line X especially since they are about the same price.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the factory liner because I wanted my truck ready to go as soon as I drove it off the lot vs drop it off for a day to be worked on.

wjn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cancelled the Ford factory liner too. I do not like they do not spray the whole tailgate.

BajaLaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Shelby did not come with a line and within a few days the bed was showing some scratches. I ended up going to line-x and spraying the platinum with top coat. Came out great!

norb

Reaction score
But factory liner comes with the giant Ford logo. Just in case you missed the giant Ford logo on the tailgate or grill!