FNG - New GEN 1 owner!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StangGT5

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I honestly think the shorter Gen 1s will be kind of a niche collectable years from now. They're cheaper now because most people want/need the crew, but I think that will change.

In any case, the factory bead wheels and a super charger make this one hot.

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a Beauty. Jealous of the Super Charger, always wanted one. Gonna wait a few yrs when I do a Engine rebuild then I'll modify internals to safely handle pressures.

OP
OP
Red69

Red69

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! One thing I haven’t been pleased with is the idle…. I’m in the middle of changing the plugs… thanks to this forum… so far so good! Thanks again!

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! One thing I haven’t been pleased with is the idle…. I’m in the middle of changing the plugs… thanks to this forum… so far so good! Thanks again!
Explain your symptoms please

OP
OP
Red69

Red69

Reaction score
Well keep in mind I’ve only had the truck a few months… but… Symptoms: The first thing I noticed was it almost stalled when I stopping in the parking lot to back into a parking space …. stuttered a bit! Next- I noticed the “tic” of a bad wire / plug under the hood…. lastly, under a heavy foot, acceleration, some breaking up…. Read this Forum about plug issues… decided to pull a few wires and plugs… so far found 5 plugs with broken anode rods and a boot not fully seated! Truck has 63k miles on it … pretty sure not touched since it left the Roush garage…except for general maintenance, . It needs some TLC…. LOL

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Thank you
I’m chasing some issues with mine but I think it’s just me being over critical