Florida ravelco or other anti theft devices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can second the Florida Ravelco installer. He was amazing.
They did mine last week. Very professional and knowledgeable-walked me through all of it. No issues at all. Glad I have something vs nothing at all.
Did you layer it with something else? Alarms or immobilzers etc?

DocRR

Reaction score
I haven’t been able to really find much info. There was a whole bunch of em stolen right out of the holding lots in Michigan by key cloning. About a dozen or so gone.

I had an experience before I bought the one I currently have that left me uneasy. About a month ago I purchased a 23 R with 1k miles in great shape. Price seemed reasonable all considered and jumped at it. When I got home I realized that not only did someone AirTag the car, but that one of my keys was not working. Obviously someone at the dealership was involved, had a key of mine annd knew my location; and so after speaking with police I had the car returned before it got stolen that evening.

After that I was back in the hunt and found a new 24 farther away. Needless to say I was on edge from the second I got home and immediately wanted some device to help with any issues I may have.

So that’s my story.
When I picked up my new ‘23 from the dealer I had Josh fly in and install the Igla/Compustar combo. He found a poorly placed GPS tracker/kill switch installed supposedly by the dealer. I questioned the dealer and they denied installing it.. could be an inside job to track and steal the truck. Needless to say, I was pretty happy to get that trash outta my ride.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I picked up my new ‘23 from the dealer I had Josh fly in and install the Igla/Compustar combo. He found a poorly placed GPS tracker/kill switch installed supposedly by the dealer. I questioned the dealer and they denied installing it.. could be an inside job to track and steal the truck. Needless to say, I was pretty happy to get that trash outta my ride.
the one on mine was an AirTag hidden in a seat cushion. The dealer denied it was theirs. Plus a key was not working. And so when I spoke with the police they confirmed that it was very likely an inside job and they would sell my location along with a key. Didn’t wait around for it to happen though. My new truck the dealer had one installed but gave me the credentials. It was certainly not an AirTag. If I could have done igla or conpustar I would have immediately. But once again they are not supporting the 24 models. I had to do something and so ravelco was the only game in town

Aird_outSRT

Reaction score
Hi all,
New here and finally got my 24 raptor r. Being a truck like this I’m looking to do something to hopefully deter and reduce any potential problems; I’ve looking into igla, compustar and revelco. Compustar and igla do not have software for the 24 models out yet. I spoke with Ravelco Florida but has seen zero reviews and have read many horror stories about installations going badly. I am having a hard time getting around to hacking into the harness of a brand new 100k+ truck. Anyone used Florida revelco? I saw on trx forum about a guy who had revelco in Florida cause some nasty dash lights etc. Maybe I need to go elsewhere for install? Any alternatives that could be recommended that don’t require cutting or splicing into the wiring? I have a key pouch as well as gps. But would like something else in addition. Thanks!
We (IGLA) do have an analog option that kind of installs the same way a ravelco would but is totally hidden and can’t be bypassed like a ravelco. You can authorize it with your cellphone or the included IGLA fob too. We should have them in the next 4-6 weeks (I know we spoke already)

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We (IGLA) do have an analog option that kind of installs the same way a ravelco would but is totally hidden and can’t be bypassed like a ravelco. You can authorize it with your cellphone or the included IGLA fob too. We should have them in the next 4-6 weeks (I know we spoke already)
Is this new? The local installer I spoke with said there was nothing.