Flood or driving pattern a-pillar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sound like a pain in the ass to soldering it and unsolder it later and solder it again....... just go buy the security nut or bolt kits, it's much easier to remove and replace it later. I use them on all my lights, they work fine. If someone really want to steal your lights there's no way to stop them. It's just a deterrent for the opportunist.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Sounds easy enough. Was thinking welding but may be too much heat for the metal provided. Soldering would work

If you wanted something between solder and welding, you could use some lower temp brazing rod. I just don't think that too many thieves will carry around a soldering iron or torch to steal lights off of a truck.

The idea is to make it annoying enough that they'll move on. I haven't had anyone touch my a pillar lights, but I also don't park my truck and leave it out of earshot or really line of sight.

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zombie you need to get out more. There are many of us who leave there trucks out of ear shot and line of sight on a regular basis.. :33: lol

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Zombie you need to get out more. There are many of us who leave there trucks out of ear shot and line of sight on a regular basis.. :33: lol

I get out plenty. Just not a whole lot of places around New Orleans where a raptor that's wider than a school bus, on 40" tires is even sorta convenient to drive. I tend to drive my f250, or my beatermobile.

And when I'm using it, I tend to be with it, on an adventure. ;)

HankTheTank

Reaction score
I have DSS floods on my a-pillars. They work great and I love how the side lights illuminate alongside the truck (so you can see how close you are too that tree). They do reflect off the hood a bit. I wish you could independently switch the side lights on/off. Because then I’d get DSS spots for the a-pillar and turn on the side lights when needed.