Fitting a 36 gallon tank in a 2020 Supercab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Herk91

Reaction score
I have a 2019 SCAB and have had only one instance when the tank was too small and that time I did not start with a full tank. I do carry extra fuel. Off Roading with a Gen 1 SCREW, the better mileage of my Gen 2 more than makes up for the smaller tank. After 250 miles of overlanding we both had 10 gals, but he started with 36 gal. to my 26 gal.

Buy the SCAB, makes a much better daily driver.

Concerning the daily driver....if you pull trailers the shorter wheel base will flat suck to pull trailers.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought my tank was 26 gallons. 2017 SCAB
That’s the spec. Mine seems to only take 22-23 when it says 10 miles remaining so I don’t know if it’s all usable capacity or if the level sensor is just off a bit.

PlainJane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s the spec. Mine seems to only take 22-23 when it says 10 miles remaining so I don’t know if it’s all usable capacity or if the level sensor is just off a bit.

I have run mine down so it took 24+ gals
There is also a 23 gal tank for other F150s

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have run mine down so it took 24+ gals
There is also a 23 gal tank for other F150s
I’m sure the truck meets the spec. I’m just saying my computer throws the flag early enough that I can’t reliably use the 26 somehow.

OP
OP
J

johnmh

Reaction score
The Ford OEM parts fiche suggests that the 2020 Raptor and F150 share the same tank part numbers for both big and small tanks.

I only get delivery of my 2020 SCAB next week; when I get it I will make some measurements between the back of the tank and the rear axle and advise. If fitting a larger tank is a possibility, I will do it.

06z

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford OEM parts fiche suggests that the 2020 Raptor and F150 share the same tank part numbers for both big and small tanks.

I only get delivery of my 2020 SCAB next week; when I get it I will make some measurements between the back of the tank and the rear axle and advise. If fitting a larger tank is a possibility, I will do it.
Did you get your truck?

OP
OP
J

johnmh

Reaction score
Yes! It’s fantastic! 2020 supercab in red. I have not even had time to run one tank of fuel through it yet however.