First year models that bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my truck to get an alignment today and was looking through the fleet of f-150's and damn 2015 king ranches with money off are still going for 62-64k!? I'm sure a fully loaded raptor is gonna take the spot as the most expensive trim for the f150s, but damn when it's all said and done you could've bought a gen 1 Roush brand new [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Wouldnt that push them out of their own market? The Dodge Rebel is in the mid 50s. My neighbor just picked one up for 53k out the door.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wouldnt that push them out of their own market? The Dodge Rebel is in the mid 50s. My neighbor just picked one up for 53k out the door.
I think the raptor is still in a class of its own and will continue to be a step ahead of the competition so ford could get away with charging more for admission. The rebel with its air suspension is not a direct competitor to the raptor but more of the FX4 and TRD pro and I'm sure when you see a rebel next to that new raptor you'll say it's worth the extra cost just on looks alone lol

OP
OP
taco-13

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the raptor is still in a class of its own and will continue to be a step ahead of the competition so ford could get away with charging more for admission. The rebel with its air suspension is not a direct competitor to the raptor but more of the FX4 and TRD pro and I'm sure when you see a rebel next to that new raptor you'll say it's worth the extra cost just on looks alone lol

I'm not a fan of the Rebels looks and the TRD Pro looks more like a boring work truck then an off-road truck. I guess your right I am willing to pay more.

richm

Reaction score
get it and enjoy

Hi,
I have a 2010 6.2l that I bought new 5 years ago this week (hard to believe!). I did have the transmission valve body replaced just before the warranty expired because of some weird shifting. Other than that, no issues. I have pulled our travel trailer cross country with it, and many trips into the Colorado mountains. It has been offroad in places I really shouldn't have taken it. It has been airborn many times, and still sounds an behaves like a new truck. I would not hesitate on new model. There is always a chance of issues no matter what year into the production cycle. However, the WOW factor of being an early adopter is worth it, plus you get to enjoy your toy!

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who told you guys turbos were so fragile? They definitely add complexity to the drive train, but it isn't that big a deal. If the Ecoboost can survive all the shit M-Sport puts it through in the Acropolis Rally then I welcome our all aluminum twin turbo overlords. (too bad it's so ugly).

e-and-nicolas-gilsoul-ford-fiesta-wrc-qatar-m-spor.jpg

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
Took my truck to get an alignment today and was looking through the fleet of f-150's and damn 2015 king ranches with money off are still going for 62-64k!? I'm sure a fully loaded raptor is gonna take the spot as the most expensive trim for the f150s, but damn when it's all said and done you could've bought a gen 1 Roush brand new [emoji15]

The Raptor was the 3rd most expensive in the F-150 lineup. The King Ranch and the Platinum were more. The Raptor was far more exclusive of course but not the most expensive.

Will Ford capitalize on the '17 Raptor and make it far more than than the 1st gen? Sure why not. I suspect pricing will be below the top models as it won't have all of the options available.

Aaron313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Raptor was the 3rd most expensive in the F-150 lineup. The King Ranch and the Platinum were more. The Raptor was far more exclusive of course but not the most expensive.

Will Ford capitalize on the '17 Raptor and make it far more than than the 1st gen? Sure why not. I suspect pricing will be below the top models as it won't have all of the options available.
IMO I think a fully loaded screw with every available option like beadlocks and the Torsen diff up front will creep by the kr's and platinums. Also being the only truck with the 10 speed auto and tuned ecoboost will factor in as well and with every option checked marked I'm confident it will neck out the other two in price

ModFreaksRAPTOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Full race builds are not the same as factory produced setups. Let me know how you like cracked welds or worn flex couplings.

Agree, the guy supporting turbos is comparing apples to oranges. You can't compare a purpose built race vehicle to something designed for primarily street use and some off-roading on the weekends.

MF RAPTOR

Antlers

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it apples to oranges. I understand that the comparison is a bit of a stretch, but some people are acting like a desert environment is an automatic death sentence for anything turbocharged. I've been around and built my share of street and race subarus and mitsubishis. 30 pounds of boost and anti-lag is a lot harder on turbos than a bit of dust.