First year models that bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it really that bad to purchase a first year model? In my case the 2017. As I wait I continue to read and read about the Raptor. TFL truck recently had an article about a guy getting rid of his tacoma and either purchasing a used 2010 or a new 2017. People commented that neither year truck was a good idea being they were first year model trucks. I would like to hear opinions from real raptor owners if possible. Thanks.

ivo1.cox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that when a new model is coming out of the board wait at least six months and then buy it ... so we once thought. Today, however, the technology has improved, so it is safer ... hard some defect. I still expect a minimum three months ... lol

Inviato dal mio SM-T535 utilizzando Tapatalk

RV67

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2 w/ Corona.........Even though I have half the miles he has,my '10 has been a great truck and you will be hard pressed to find ANY vehicle that does NOT have any TSB's or Recalls.

Last edited:

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Basically I don't worry about reliability on a new model. Its just that normally the launch model is missing some options that get released on the next years model. Seems the manufactures due it intentionally so they have new selling points for the next years model.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
I was going to say that you shouldn't be too concerned as the '17 Raptor will be two years in to the latest F-150. However the '17 Raptor will have the new 10-Speed auto. I would like to think it will be issue free.

My bet is you will be OK with the '17 and go for it if you want one.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The list of complaints with the 2015's is high. Everything from electronic bugs to fit and finish. I'd pass and wait until the 2018 is released. That allows the Ford techs some wrench time before having to fix a truck they've never worked on too.

jamanrr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the 6.2 liter sounds like AWESOME NESS, I could not imagine what kind of artificial sound making will be necessary for the 2017 to make it sound like a v8. It probably will be faster but there is something so cool about romping on that 6.2 liter through the rough stuff. It growls and snarls, scooting itself over monstrous mud holes and terrain.