First time truck owner From Prius to 2020 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptorman

Reaction score
Welcome, Briggs! You'll find the Raptor will be a reliable, good looking fast lane occupant. Thanks for getting out of the fast lane in your Prius. Now you'll be saying what Raptor owners say when rolling up on a Prius-led traffic jam: "Damn, I got Prius-ed!".

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought the best way to drive a Prius was to accelerate hard off the line until you get to the speed you need to be going. In my Prius I rarely had a car out accelerate me off the line. In my CRV I feel like 90% do... just because it is low power four cylinder with a hefty amount of weight. AWD and big All terrains don’t help.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
They get the heat because of some smug ******** who drive them, whether it be the holier than thou attitude or the driving too slow in the left lane. They are the antithesis of everything the Raptor is, so they are an easy target here.

Prius are generally hated because they are generally in hypermile mode clogging the fast lane. Not sure what part of TX you're in, but it's a thing around Austin.

A few years back when I was commuting on my 1198s, I started running into the hyper milers in the HOV lanes. In NoVA you need all the advantages you can get and HOV lanes are money and real estate stolen by the states and provided to the preferred classes. The way VA does HOV is a plain and outright scam designed to make traffic worse, and compel you to find another way or take public transport.

I dive into the HOV lanes, signed at 65 one day into a PACK of priussies at 54mph. There’s several behind me, and 7 in front of me, staggered with barely a car length between them, all going exactly the same speed. Hollywood couldn’t have staged it better. I managed to pass 1, but that made them bunch up more. Ok. I don’t do packs of vehicles on a bike, too many chances for an inattentive cell yakker to do something stupid. So, I downshifted and passed them with prejudice right between all of them.

That’s the one that stands out in my mind, but not the only time they’ve bunched up the HOV or regular lanes either singularly or in a group. Hell, I’ve seen them plug up an ambulance on an emergency run AND make the ambulance pass them on the right! That took a special kind of alpha hotel.

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great truck, you're going to love it. I had a 650whp Lightning back in the day...maybe the Gen 3 will get a blown V8! I have an X5m and sold my X6m to get the Raptor. I will say the tech in the Ford puts the BMW to shame.

glnicola

Reaction score
Going from the Prius, you'll need to be careful of the larger size. The corners of the vehicle can't be seen from the driver's position, and it may take a while to intuit them.

DanT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello folks, hopefully I'm posting this is the correct area. Im a new forum member, and new to trucks all together residing in the great state of Texas. Ive always loved and wanted a truck and fell in love with the raptor when I seen the first gen Raptor my mind was blown. I Told myself that if I was to ever get a truck this is the one. (The Lighting was my first love but shhh, I dont want the Raptor to hear that). So 4 BMW M cars, a smart car, and Prius later... Here I am!

Look forward to being an active member here, and hoping to learn a lot from you all!

PS: I had the dealer remove the Raptor decals for a more crisp vibe.

View attachment 151066

View attachment 151067

View attachment 151068

View attachment 151069
great photo - your dog's taking a TRX.

Welcome - I'm in Dallas.