First time REALLY offroad in the Raptor...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManleyORV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my Raptor a few months ago and had went camping, ran some forest roads, messed around, etc. But this past weekend I went up to Silver Lake and really stretched it's legs.

I can't get the sound of 2nd gear, 5000 rpms, screaming through the sand out of my head. I've done my fair share of offroading in the past, in my Jeeps... love me some rockcrawling, but damn I am hooked on the high speed shit now too! I was completely impressed with the truck stock and by the end of the weekend I was thumping on it pretty good.:driver:

It's amazing how confidence inspiring this truck is. As long as you take it slow and build up, you become real comfortable. I wasn't doing 100' jumps or anything but I was running it hard up to 55mph through the whoops, hitting some jumps etc.

I am 100% in for any Silver Lake get togethers next year and for Little Sahara. I'd love to check out the Texas Run, but it's 22 hours... we'll have to see on that one.

Anyway, just wanted to give some love to my truck :hail:

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know how you feel. I had mine since the 1st of this year and I haven't had much time to do any off-roading since there have been medical emergencies with my Mom & Dad, but I'm finally getting time to do some off-roading. For now I'm having it at the hunting club and I'm loving this truck capabilities. I'm just trying to make arrangements in my schedule to do the TRR and hopefully an Raptor Expedition in the near future.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Glad you like it so. I know exactly what you mean about confidence building. RW could tell you, by the end of the weekend at little Sahara, I was really driving well. Not only that, but following Whtrapta helped too.

Hope you can make it to TRR, I know you're out for the Snoball500. Bring your trailer, and it's a business write off. I know I'd like to check out one of your Elite trailers.

Oh.. and you know the rules... PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN, lol.

Joe

OP
OP
ManleyORV

ManleyORV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why the trailer goes everywhere with me:secret: I'd have to bring it to camp in anyway! TRR is really going to depend on if we are a vendor for Jeep Beach in Daytona... it's right around the same time. But either TRR or the next Little Sahara run, one of them for sure.

I don't have any good pics since I rolled up solo, but here are some poser shots.

Attachments

• IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1319.jpg
    IMG_1319.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 99
OP
OP
ManleyORV

ManleyORV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how agile is the trailer?

You mean offroad? It goes everywhere my Jeep does, rocks, mud, up and down 4' ledges, etc.! I've had it up to 40mph fully loaded behind my Raptor and it does great. But in the end it's a trailer so its no going to be running Baja at 100mph...at least not in stock form!

Last edited: