First time offroading in new Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Night_Stalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very happy with the truck. However it did seem to under steer and at times when in 4x4 the steering felt heavy. I played around with all the buttons turned traction controle off and locked rear. That was a bad ideal in clay like mud.

Banned
Reaction score
locked rear and no trac control is probably the best for mud.

the heavy steering when in 4x4 is to be expected, since the tires are not only steering now, they are also powered.

OP
OP
Night_Stalker

Night_Stalker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know it should fell heavy in 4x4 but to me it felt like a 1ton. The traction controle thing I almost found out the hard way when the truck stopped wheel spin. the locker was the crazy part I could not keep the truck from going sideways turn it off and it stayed straighter.

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Play around with it. Have some fun!

A Great OffRoad Tip:

"i always press and hold traction control until it flashes and then offroad mode + locker

(2wd, off road mode on, rear locker engaged (pull knob on dash), and imake sure you FULLY disable traction control)

That's how you get to Raptor nirvana."

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the same experiences as you the first time I went out.

2wd, trac all the way off, offroad on, locked and unlocked, couldn't maintain a perfect circle and it would just keep grabbing and then understeer. Gave up on donuts for fear of breakage and went on to full speed runs.

So much more fun than spitting mud everywhere. 60mph drifts through mud and water with your friends ******** themselves is what this truck was made for. I can't wait to get back to the states and get in some real desert.

Take it out some more and play with it. No ****.

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
I had the same experiences as you the first time I went out.

2wd, trac all the way off, offroad on, locked and unlocked, couldn't maintain a perfect circle and it would just keep grabbing and then understeer. Gave up on donuts for fear of breakage and went on to full speed runs.

So much more fun than spitting mud everywhere. 60mph drifts through mud and water with your friends ******** themselves is what this truck was made for. I can't wait to get back to the states and get in some real desert.

Take it out some more and play with it. No ****.

until ya break something