GEN 2 First raptor!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LeCreaux

Reaction score
Wait a second... Engine sounds coming from the speakers??? Wut in tarnation!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s a modern marketing thing, apparently. Ford, BMW, some others pipe simulated engine sounds into the audio system. I wouldn’t mind if it sounded deep like a Hemi but to me it just sounds like a louder V6. Turned it off and now the interior is a lot quieter and what I hear is the real engine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...b09a10-a0ba-11e4-b146-577832eafcb4_story.html

OP
OP
DFWBraaaptor

DFWBraaaptor

Reaction score
It’s a modern marketing thing, apparently. Ford, BMW, some others pipe simulated engine sounds into the audio system. I wouldn’t mind if it sounded deep like a Hemi but to me it just sounds like a louder V6. Turned it off and now the interior is a lot quieter and what I hear is the real engine.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busi...b09a10-a0ba-11e4-b146-577832eafcb4_story.html
Man that's crazy. I think I'm too scared to change anything. I love it... For now!

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man that's crazy. I think I'm too scared to change anything. I love it... For now!

I had it off was ok but Man I wanted more noise so I turned back on. Also I think you get noise canceling when it’s on. Cheaper than a new exhaust that I might not like..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LeCreaux

Reaction score
I didn't own a Windows laptop so I had to buy an inexpensive one at Best Buy to dedicate to this one thing. Got a cheap plastic HP with Bluetooth for $200 and only loaded it with with Norton Security and FORSCAN. The OBD2 scanner was $29 on Amazon.

I was initially scared to mess with it as well but that double-honk was driving me absolutely nuts. I frequently need to get out of the truck to do stuff while leaving the engine and A/C running. The double-honk makes everyone around think I'm honking at them and it's really obnoxious at 4 am when I'm loading up gear. I've had people come out of their houses or businesses to see what I'm honking at. Plus any crook around just got notified "Hey, that guy just left that Raptor running".

The only time-consuming part of the programming procedure is the first time you connect it up. It's advised to backup every programmable module so you can restore their initial state if needed. That takes a while, 30-45 minutes, because you have to click each one and go through the whole "save as" process. But after that, it really does only take a minute or two to hook it up and make a change. It's faster than going through the menus on the regular "settings" screen.

OP
OP
DFWBraaaptor

DFWBraaaptor

Reaction score
I take it there's not much exhaust option for our trucks? Without sounding like a boat... And, I need more turbo noise!

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had it off was ok but Man I wanted more noise so I turned back on. Also I think you get noise canceling when it’s on. Cheaper than a new exhaust that I might not like..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here. I turned off the fake engine noise then turned it back on. I think it sounds better with the fake engine noise then without.