First modifications?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

New Guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I'm a new guy here too and this was my approach.

1st - scheduled an appointment with Line-X of Houston and had the owner (Dallas) treat my bed to XS-350. If you have any questions PM me or call your local Line-X dealer because 350 is better than the new Platinum they are pushing.
Reasoning - well you should protect your bed and not let it get all messed up

2nd - RetraxPRO
Reasoning - security, convenience, fuel economy improvement, and appeal

3rd - FabFours Bumpers
Reasoning - solid steel construction w/ continuous weld and they look/feel/are tough and driving cross country TX to MD and living in TX you pass deer. But I also got the pre-runner style so my approach angle isn't THAT bad

4th - WeatherTech mats
Reasoning - a healthy truck interior is a happy owner

5th - FORD F-150 licensed bed mat
Reasoning - I own a "few" firearms and while my Pelican 1750 cases are tough, I hate getting them scratched at all so that applies to anything else in the bed

6th - TheStubby Antenna
Reasoning - Clearance issues. No-one forces me to park in parking garages but the easy test is to stick your hand up on your cab and feel for anything lol. Also, if you drive through brush a lot like I do, I hated my stock 31"(?) antenna being taught back - that and to avoid damage to my windshield/A-pillar if I hit the antenna hard enough. It has happened to another user here.
7th - CoverKing Kryptek Tactical Seat covers
Reasoning - I suffered my first leather scratch on my rear seat, it is visible white and only cosmetic but its 4" long and super irritating. I wish someone told me to get seat covers fast especially if you live a fast life.
---

All of the above was done in 1 1/2 weeks and literally 4 days after owning Wally (name of my truck). I have now just past the 5th week owner mark.

jackrook

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mods in order of being done:

Windows tinted, M&R leds, ADD Race front, Stubby antenna, mid perch

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Evanscott29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
definetly stubby, and depending on the climate a lot of people upgrade the Power Steering Res as the system in this truck is not the strongest. Inline with most people's sentiments, it all depends on where you plan to go with this truck and how much funds you have to work with.

Blind1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2011 Raptor
1st couple of days - LineX preium bedliner & rear wheels, UWS toolbox, Stubby Antenna, & front driver & passenger windows tinted.

See profile for additional mods. I don't expect I will ever be done with modding this beast...

Macman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
1. 3M clear bra on the front and rockers, rocks are awful on the roads up here and I didn't want chipped paint all over the front.
2. spray in bedliner and wheel wells
3. tonneau cover - I got undercover flex
4/5. RPG stage II and 2013 FX4 HIDs

thats as far as I have gotten so far. Midperch and wheels next.