First MOD choice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Docs Raptor

Reaction score
Okay everyone if you had one choice for your first MOD on your truck what would it be? Im trying to keep it reasonable. A couple of things I have been looking at are:

1. CAI and Tuner
2. Exhaust and headers
3. Viper front and rear bumpers
4. Whipple ( more of a later on MOD)

Or any other suggestions you have.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Your cai and tuner are good choices.
Mine were front bumper and lights. Added cai and tuner later. Still not even a year later have done new front bumper and more lights.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends how much you want to spend. Looking at your proposed budget, I would say do everything in that order with I/H/E/T all at the same time. Don't forget wheels and tires.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some are going to think this is silly simply because it's not a performance mod, but the first thing I changed was the factory radio whip. Every time I pulled into or out of the garage, that whip would snag the garage door. No harm done, of course, but the BOING! was really something I increasingly did not enjoy. I found a whip at O'Reilly's that was half-length and double wound, so it solved the problem and didn't have any negative effect on radio reception. Inexpensive, too!

BobboZR2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first mods were a Bed Rug & BakFlip VP followed by the Dee Zee tailgate assist & automatic tailgate lock.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
save till u can do 1 & 2. headers will need the tune so why pay for it twice. CAI and exhaust is more air in and out and the tune will get u running right and ensure the engine is safe.

RaptorAddict.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you are planning on any off road abuse, the NUMBER 1 Mod I ALWAYS recommend is a Frame Support and Bump Stop Kit. Save your and protect your frame! Plus it ads much better performance.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Suspension upgrades to start would be good. I went the route of finding the limits of stock suspension repeatedly with the wife in passenger seat. New suspension has been green lighted now lol.