First Detail - Adamized the Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can I buy your old vehicales

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

P.S. Where do you get the rubber gloves from,

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS
Details, Details, Details

The angled undercarriage lance for the pressure washer makes cleaning the backs of the wheels, tires, suspension and undercarriage much easier.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Having the wheels off makes cleaning up any road paint much easier. A plastic razor blade works good on smooth plastic.

03.jpg

The foam applicators end up dirty, despite all the scrubbing. I don’t think it is worth the time to try and clean them, so I just toss them in the trash.

04.jpg

Spraying the Tire Shine on the tire does result in some overspray on the wheel.

05.jpg

With a fresh coat of sealant on the wheel, the overspray wipes right off.

06.jpg

07.jpg

Applying the Tire Shine to the back of the tire is not really for appearance. Rather, it seals up the rubber so that it does not get mud stains, and also makes it easier to clean the mud off.

08.jpg

Having two floor jacks makes it much easier to get this truck up and onto the jack stands.

09.jpg

I don’t like crawling under the truck when it is on the jacks to get the stands out (Craftsman jacks ain’t what they use to be), so I use a magnet with a handle to pull the stands out.

10.jpg

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that I have not taken good care of the outside of my truck since I bought it. Sure, I hand washed it occasionally, but more often than not, I just drove through the local gas station wash. Hey - it was brushless!!!

But, after a few glasses of Vodka the other night, I decided to see what all the hoopla was about concerning this Adams Polishes stuff. So, I ordered a bunch of stuff including the paint correction package, a buffer, and all the other products that someone over at Adams said I needed.

Needless to say, someone else called me the day after to make sure that what I ordered is what I wanted. Hahahaha. Drunk shopping......

Anyway, I three-stepped my truck and I must say that I never would have thought it could look this good again. Not that I was worried about how it looked before, but now I'm not gonna let it look so 'used' again!!!

Thanks @AdamsPolishes for the help, advice, and the great products!!!

IMG_2059.jpg

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks great @2014RubyRed!

Thanks for using Adam's Polishes on your "gently used" Raptor.

I am glad you are happy with the products and how the truck turned out!

-Dan

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
THOUGHTS AND COMMENTS
Details, Details, Details

The angled undercarriage lance for the pressure washer makes cleaning the backs of the wheels, tires, suspension and undercarriage much easier.

View attachment 70905

View attachment 70906

Having the wheels off makes cleaning up any road paint much easier. A plastic razor blade works good on smooth plastic.

View attachment 70907

The foam applicators end up dirty, despite all the scrubbing. I don’t think it is worth the time to try and clean them, so I just toss them in the trash.

View attachment 70908

Spraying the Tire Shine on the tire does result in some overspray on the wheel.

View attachment 70909

With a fresh coat of sealant on the wheel, the overspray wipes right off.

View attachment 70910

View attachment 70911

Applying the Tire Shine to the back of the tire is not really for appearance. Rather, it seals up the rubber so that it does not get mud stains, and also makes it easier to clean the mud off.

View attachment 70912

Having two floor jacks makes it much easier to get this truck up and onto the jack stands.

View attachment 70913

I don’t like crawling under the truck when it is on the jacks to get the stands out (Craftsman jacks ain’t what they use to be), so I use a magnet with a handle to pull the stands out.

View attachment 70914
And I thought after the first two fall detail seconds you were done, boy was I wrong.... you have the longest tire rotation I've ever seen. Lol....

Although, after reading your last two sessions I must say I am a bit disappointed.... that is, unless there is a fifth session to address the spare tire? :crazy:

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:

H O L I D A Y CHEER Event fundraiser
Donate $10 for a chance to win a 50" light bar.
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=929496
☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

oh, and if you have time, Submit your photo for the calendar contest
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?t=44744

cbcgeneral

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@TheWolf Ok it's my turn for my thoughts and comments. I want to start off with I just realized that although I went and bought almost all the same supplies and accessories as you I'm no longer worthy to be your detail student. The only time I've cleaned the underside of my truck is when I installed my Deavers and Bumpstops so I didn't get too dirty. I was under the impression that the bottom of my truck was supposed to be brown lol. Next I'm a tad disappointed that you were sad about a few rags I bought from Dane when in just two of the pics I noticed two non Adam's approved pressure sprayers. :ROFLJest: Ok enough shenanigans holy crap bro I can't believe how clean and good the undercarriage of your truck looks. Awesome job and great write up. I honestly have learned a ton of stuff just from reading all your threads on here and the Adam's forum. And as much as my wife hates you for my new addiction I think you're a hell of a guy.

P.S.- I'm going to have to agree with @Yukon Joe and say your spare definitely looks a tab neglected sitting under your truck all alone and unclean lol.

OP
OP
TheWolf

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I thought after the first two fall detail seconds you were done, boy was I wrong.... you have the longest tire rotation I've ever seen. Lol....

Although, after reading your last two sessions I must say I am a bit disappointed.... that is, unless there is a fifth session to address the spare tire? :crazy:

Uhmmm...yes...Part 5 is just for the spare, because I was a slacker and skipped it because it was below freezing when I rolled the other four wheels out, ended up with a skating rink on the driveway lol. I did do the spare last fall.

@TheWolf Ok it's my turn for my thoughts and comments. I want to start off with I just realized that although I went and bought almost all the same supplies and accessories as you I'm no longer worthy to be your detail student. The only time I've cleaned the underside of my truck is when I installed my Deavers and Bumpstops so I didn't get too dirty. I was under the impression that the bottom of my truck was supposed to be brown lol. Next I'm a tad disappointed that you were sad about a few rags I bought from Dane when in just two of the pics I noticed two non Adam's approved pressure sprayers. :ROFLJest: Ok enough shenanigans holy crap bro I can't believe how clean and good the undercarriage of your truck looks. Awesome job and great write up. I honestly have learned a ton of stuff just from reading all your threads on here and the Adam's forum. And as much as my wife hates you for my new addiction I think you're a hell of a guy.

P.S.- I'm going to have to agree with @Yukon Joe and say your spare definitely looks a tab neglected sitting under your truck all alone and unclean lol.

Thanks man! Tell your wife I'm sorry she hates me, but that's a small price to pay to keep your shine addiction going lol.

OK, we are even now with the towels comment, but the Kwazar pressure sprayer has a foaming nozzle, which the Adams Pressure Sprayer does not.

Some of my undercarriage looks brown, but not from mud! With the undercarriage sealed up with Amsoil MPHD, is not hard to keep it clean with just the pressure washer.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f195...al-protector-amh-17731/index7.html#post627136

Since the MPHD has a brownish-yellow color, you can see the MPHD on stuff like the shocks and control arms, and they look kinda dirty, but I know they are protected from corrosion so that's more important. On the front, I coated everything, shocks included, since it is next to impossible to keep the front shocks clean. On the rear shocks, I use the Quick Sealant instead of MPHD since they are so visible. Another option for the shocks instead of Quick Sealant is Boeshield T-9.