Finally looked at TRX up close

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Why?

The package works. It is the correct power for the intended use? Token 5hp increases , like guaranteed union increases, at some point have to top out in order to be cost effective.
What I think about in supertrucks is how cost effective it is for the manufacturer. Lol. Who cares? I want the most for the money and 300+ more hp

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Hell no. Like most Raptors, these things will sit in a garage. Mine doesn't, but if I had a half dozen cars and the space for them, it probably would. My friend also has an Aventador, a C8, Hellcat Jeep and a couple of other things.
Mine goes offroad every day and no garage. Shockingly people are actually using them as intended

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
What I think about in supertrucks is how cost effective it is for the manufacturer. Lol. Who cares? I want the most for the money and 300+ more hp

Apparently "most for the money" doesn't apply to MPG? Just saying. You're either thrifty or not. :)

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Enjoying this thread, and I’m huge raptor fan overall. However, someone said it best when another member said Ram copied the Raptor. I believe this not to be true overall.

Ram did the 5 link first. Ram had the best interior first (and still is just inches ahead of Fords new interior).

But to copy is expected to some degree. How do you come out with something completely different when they are suppose to compete with each other?

Take in consideration Ford re-releasing the Bronco. That screams Wrangler. No one on the wrangler forums is pointing their fingers at Ford and saying copy-cat. They are applauding the Ford team for upping the game on Jeep.

If there was no raptor, there wouldn’t be a TRX. And if there was no TRX, there would be no Raptor R.

and for those who mention Ram is garbage, stop basing it off of old experience. The recall rate on these trucks since 2019 is nearly none. Some safety recalls and TSB’s but nothing like before. Since they spun off into their own, they have been a ton better.

Ford service is leaps and bounds better, but sales and ops not so much. No one took me seriously or gave me the time of day at 7 Ford dealerships when I inquired about the Gen 3. Only 1 called me back to ask if I wanted to place an order, but at $7k over msrp and even then they couldn’t concrete one of their allocations, stating whoever paid the most over MSRP got their 4 allocations.

3 of 4 Ram dealers called me and helped me right away with getting an order in.

Different time we live in, but with the shortage of new vehicles and time sales guys have on their hands right now, you figure a dealer would do anything to get a order
Ford does not want your order. They sold out when order banks opened in June lol. Enjoy your supercharged ram rebel that any average joe can buy at any time they want ( brace yourself for the depreciation train that ram has historically been riding ) if you don’t believe me look over at the challenger/charger forums

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
Ford does not want your order. They sold out when order banks opened in June lol. Enjoy your supercharged ram rebel that any average joe can buy at any time they want ( brace yourself for the depreciation train that ram has historically been riding ) if you don’t believe me look over at the challenger/charger forums
You know. When I think about what businesses I want to support, somehow the ones that “don’t want my order(or a new customer)” can **** themselves with a rake. Ferrari does the same and they can do the same. I don’t like thanking people for buying their products. But I’m not a beta cuck….

funny. “Any average joe” with 90 grand to spend on a premium guzzling toy. Not so average. There are plenty of people that want a trx and can’t get one. Nice fail for all to see.

Using challenger/charger depreciation curve is a red herring I’m not even going into.

IamCanadian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never buy Toys as investment, I use them for enjoyment...Plus the Gen 2 price will drop like Gen 1 driving over a cliff...Lol

mchurch0211

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol a base TuRdX is 74k. Lol and until a trx competes and conquers Baja then I will take a closer look at one.(until then will I consider)I use my truck off road ( not mall crawling and actually prefer the light / nimble feel of the raptor over the nose heavy TuRdX. When / if I want to go fast I will pull my c8 out of the garage and go fast. Now why don’t you stellantis (Italian owned) fan boys go back over to the TuRdX forums and brag about you hellcat powered mall crawling wide body can’t tell it apart from 30 yards ram rebel lookalikes

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumpcutter