Finally an Honest Ram Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I honestly really like the new Ram. Is it a raptor?...no but they sure are nice trucks to drive. I don’t really understand all the hate for them on this forum.

agreed, I've driven the new Ram and it's a great truck. while there's a few things I don't like.. ie dial shifter, tablet screen and tread embossed seats. it still drives well and has great storage. people may hate on them now but IF that new rebel RXT or wtf ever it will be called has the 475 hp SRT engine with Raptor style suspension, they will sell every single one of them.. especially since the 6.4 and the ZF8 tranny is a perfect match. then Ram owners will become unbearable lol.

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed, I've driven the new Ram and it's a great truck. while there's a few things I don't like.. ie dial shifter, tablet screen and tread embossed seats. it still drives well and has great storage. people may hate on them now but IF that new rebel RXT or wtf ever it will be called has the 475 hp SRT engine with Raptor style suspension, they will sell every single one of them.. especially since the 6.4 and the ZF8 tranny is a perfect match. then Ram owners will become unbearable lol.

I looked at a Rebel and the AT4 before I bought my Raptor. I mean they are 10-15k cheaper so I felt like I really had to look at them and make a fair decision. The AT4 was basically a no go from the start. The interior in this "all new" truck looked very dated to me. Almost like a 10 year old interior design. I just sat in it and thought, why would I spend 55K+ on this truck.

The Rebel was a little different. I like the tablet screen, but I am not a huge fan on the knob shiftier (its not a deal breaker though). The main turn off was all of the red accents and the stupid tire treads on the seats. It's something a 5th grader would design in a "cool" truck. Honestly if the Rebel had the same basic interior as say the limited (not quite as plush, but classier than the current rebel design) it would have been a tougher choice. I know my Raptor is a much more capable truck, but I will never "need" what my Raptor will do. I can go to our camp and drive off road perfectly fine with the Rebel (maybe a littler easier with it being narrower).

I choose the Raptor because at the end of the day it was the truck I really wanted and I have been looking at them for years. But the Rebel is not a "bad" truck, it is less than the Raptor but it still can do more than 90% of other 4x4 full size pickup trucks.

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@davidl81 I don't know who looks at the GMC AT4 and thinks it's a decent "off road" packaged truck, just like it's sister the Trail boss. you can't sway me with red tow hooks you cheap F#$KS... and I've owned lots of GMC's and loved them but man they suck now.

yeah the Rebel and even a FX4 F150..both of them are better as a daily work truck than the Raptor, hell they both even tow over 12k! I don't see the Ram as "less" of a truck, it's short coming is lack of off road ability, i say meh, the Raptor lacks towing and payload. to the average truck owner that would make the Raptor less of a "real" truck. but that's why I'm about to buy a diesel as my new backup truck lol.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never appreciated the Raptor more than jumping it at 40mph with all 4 wheels and my feet off the ground. I highly recommend the Raptor Assault course or taking it through whoops at speed. It probably would have been cheaper to get a RZR1000, but I can drive this truck to work, get groceries, and on days send it off the dunes. I just wish I had the 19 with trail crawl mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

50 Deep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spent a couple days in a brand new rebel recently. My exact thoughts were “It’s nice, but it ain’t no Raptor.”